Chief Operating Officer
Our client is one of the largest diversified real estate firms specializing in Residential and Mixed-Use Development, Investment Property Sales, Leasing, Asset Management and Property Management.
A real estate leader for 60 years, they’ve invested in over 80 successful commercial and mixed-use projects and have completed over $6B in transactions. The company is well-capitalized and is rapidly expanding. They also have a significant development pipeline that includes mixed-use, office, residential and hotel projects.
- The Chief Operating Officer will have overall responsibility for the real estate business including: finance, development operations, brokerage and leasing, asset management, property management, acquisitions and dispositions.
- The COO will report to the Chief Executive Officer and partner with the CEO on key expansion and growth initiatives.
- The COO is responsible for consistently delivering results that contribute to the mission and overall success of the company. Person must possess the ability to create and prioritize objectives and have the capability to effectively implement them.
- The Chief Operating Officer will sit on the investment committee and be part of the executive committee.
- The COO will establish and conduct investment and development meetings.
- The COO will manage a staff of 50+ people.
- The COO will apply sound financial discipline to all company operations in order to enhance profitability.
- The COO will have the intelligence and vision to understand the next step in the evolution of the company, the communication skills to convey that vision, the leadership skills to guide and motivate others, and the management skills to execute the plan.
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES:
- A respected senior leader and manager within the real estate investment and development industry with broad experience. A well-rounded executive that understands how to manage both real estate operations and people.
- Prefer 10 to 20 years’ experience. B.A. expected, MBA (or other advanced degree) preferred.
- Experience in managing existing properties and enhancing the overall/financial performance of same.
- Experience with different asset classes.
- Integrity/ethics/morals and values consistent with those of the company.
- A non-egocentric personality – open, candid, engaging, direct, considerate.
- Proven strategic thinker with a keen understanding of value creation.
- Results-driven, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well with people up and down the organization hierarchy, as well as outside consultants.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative and innovative problem-solver.
- Desire to be involved and be a visible leader in the Miami community.
- This person should buy into the longer-term vision/values of the company and should see themselves spending the remainder of their career with the company.
- Someone that is generally well-composed and articulate, who can represent the company well in the wider financial and social communities, with both national and international clients.
BILINGUAL: Spanish is not required but is a plus.