Construction/ Development Associate
Our client is a fully integrated real estate investment firm providing first-class investment services, as a Registered Investment Advisor, in office markets throughout the Eastern United States. They believe in superior results through specialization and therefore focus on a single asset class (office), a single segment of the risk spectrum (value-added), and a specific geography (the Eastern United States). Their goal is to consistently generate outsized risk-adjusted returns for our clients through a variety of skills including creative acquisitions, “hands on” asset management, entrepreneurial repositionings, and timely dispositions. They typically focus on traditional, controlling investments both with and without local operating partners.
The Construction Development Associate will support members of the construction/development staff, the chief operating officer, and others by performing a range of administrative to highly technical tasks related to planning, design, permitting/approval, and construction of various capital improvement projects, including tenant improvements, building improvements, major building renovations and ground up development projects.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Preparing, monitoring and updating schedules and budgets for various projects to facilitate project management.
- Coordination of project/property information with relevant internal and external parties.
- Preparing summary and detailed scopes of work for various contemplated projects and coordinating budget development for construction of those projects.
- Preparation of scopes of work for investigation, planning and design services related to tenant improvement, capital improvement, and other construction projects, solicitation of pricing for such work and preparation and administration of contracts for performance of such work.
- Research of municipal and regulatory codes to identify permit/approval requirements and the process/deliverable for achievement of permits/approvals. Development of schedule, budget and required scopes of work to obtain permits/approvals and implementation/management of the permit/approval process.
- Coordination and collaborative development of scopes, budgets and schedules for construction projects with others within the company including acquisition/asset management analysts/associates and property management/operations staff.
- Coordination of requests for payment on various planning, design and construction related contracts.
- On occasion, serve as project manager for certain tenant improvement, capital improvement or other construction projects, including attendance at on site project meetings.
- Perform and assist various due diligence tasks during both acquisition and disposition of various fund investments.
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, or related field with strong record of academic success.
- 1-3 years of similar experience in planning, design, construction, or project management fields.
- Proficiency with project/construction scheduling software, job budgeting / costing software and Excel
- Must be a self-starter with strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to proactively recognize, investigate, and communicate all issues.
- Very driven, hard-working, and results-oriented individual.