New York, NY
Our client is a mixed-use development and consulting company specializing in large urban projects. They are a multi-faceted group that prides themselves on exploring and solving complex real estate issues. The partners complement each other with deep experience in architecture, real estate finance, and design. The company develops massive, complicated projects for its own account and offers the same development consulting services to others. They have completed over $1B in mixed-use development for their own account and they have actively consulted on real estate projects worth another $10B. The company’s specialty and passion are creating dynamic, award-winning built
environments for residential, retail, office and public uses.
The Controller will be responsible for all areas of Accounting and Finance including:
- One of three members of the Partnership Operating Committee.
- Partnership Cash Management, Financial Reporting, & Tax Returns.
- Prepare Financial Statements and review directly with Managing Partner.
- Prepare budgets and cash projections and compare to operational results.
- Work closely with outside accountants in their preparation of annual review report and tax return including preparation of a complete set of work papers with book to tax adjustments.
- Perform all aspects of Billing and Collections.
- Perform all aspects of Accounts Payable.
- Review all client and vendor contracts prior to finalization.
- Input and process payroll through ADP and reconcile tax filings for multiple states.
- Manage all bank accounts and banking relationships including negotiation of loan terms.
- Reconcile cash accounts for multiple entities on a daily basis.
- Maintain General Ledger including month end closing, account analysis, adjusting entries, etc.
- Work closely with outside attorney to review operating agreements and amendments for new and existing entities.
- Register newly created entities with IRS and resolve tax notices with IRS and state agencies.
- Record transactions to reflect transition of activities from “old entities” to “new entities”.
As Part of Operating Committee, the Controller will assist in Management of all areas of Human Resources including:
- Manage all insurance policies including working closely with brokers to negotiate carriers/renewal terms – Health, Dental, Paid Family Leave, Disability, Workers Compensation, Life, Keyman Insurance, etc.
- Prepare offer letters and benefit package summaries for newly hired employees.
- Prepare Cobra letters and perform exit interviews for terminated employees.
- Enroll & terminate employee insurance coverages, address employee questions/concerns, etc.
- Recording and Status of Employee PTO (Paid Time Off).
The Controller will oversee Areas of Operations including:
- Equipment acquisition and installation – copy machines, servers, work stations, etc.
- Professional liability and general insurance policies – complete renewal applications in their entirety and work closely with broker to determine appropriate coverages and manage costs.
- Maintenance contracts and general office repairs.