Our client develops, acquires and operates high-quality apartment communities in desirable locations coast-to-coast. While they are a national company, they pride themselves on their ability to immerse themselves in their chosen markets – in other words, living and working in the communities where they operate. They combine a deep understanding of each market with 30+ years of expertise and a fresh innovative approach to the apartment industry, to build relationships and places in which people thrive – creating real and enduring value for their residents, investors and associates.
Our client seeks a Development Partner to assist in leading the growth and overall success in the Denver market, coordinating and facilitating development operations and ventures in the Greater Denver region. The ideal candidate will be a strategist and a leader able to steer their region in its most profitable direction, while implementing the company’s vision, mission and long-term goals. This entails the sourcing and execution of the development pipeline, including the pursuit, diligence, and acquisition of new development opportunities, managing the design process, reviewing each phase of the construction process and the coordination of site specifications. Essentially, leading the execution of the development process from land acquisition to stabilization. The person selected for this role will participate financially in the value they create for the organization.
- Identify development opportunities and lead the execution and management of the pre-development feasibility assessment, acquisition, design, development, asset management and eventual disposition of the property
- Oversees the development and construction of a property, including negotiating land contracts, entitling sites, developing budgets, and developing construction schedules
- Ensures current cash flow and long-term market value of existing assets is maximized.
- Maintains relationships with brokers, land sellers, homebuilders, and investors
- Interviews, hires, trains, and supervises Development Vice Presidents and Associates
- Participates in Company-provided training such as fair housing, safety, non-discrimination, and harassment prevention
- Complies with all Company National Standards, applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as applicable local, state, and federal laws
Qualifications for consideration:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or Real Estate
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in Multi-Family real estate development and finance
Key traits for success:
- Sourcing: A proven track record of sourcing new multifamily development deals in the Denver region
- Network: An established broker and landowner network in the region with a thorough understanding of market changes and forces that influence the organization
- Communication: Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Work Ethic: Displays self-starting, self-motivated traits and excels in an entrepreneurial environment. Consistently delivers accurate and timely work product and accepts personal accountability for results
- Composed: Resolves issues while professionally managing business relationships
- Judgment and Decision-Making: Must have the ability to make sound decisions based on information gathered and analyzed. Consider all pertinent facts and alternatives before deciding on the most appropriate action
- Intuitive: Understands project scope, purpose and audience; anticipates varying perspectives and inquiries; stays one step ahead of incoming requests based on business instincts.