Director – Acquisitions
Founded in 1989, our client is one of the largest privately held owners of industrial and office properties in the Carolinas. They have invested over $2B in real estate projects and developed and acquired more than 28 million square feet. Today they lease, own, or manage more than 11 million square feet of property throughout the Carolinas, of which, approximately 1.5 million square feet is located in the Raleigh-Durham market. Their primary focus is acquiring and developing well located industrial and urban infill office and mixed-use properties.
We are currently seeking a professional to join our client’s growing team in Raleigh. The candidate’s primary initial responsibility will be working alongside the Raleigh Market Leader to assist with financial underwriting, leasing, acquisitions, new development, and project management. This is the ideal opportunity for someone that wants to learn and be actively involved in every facet of the commercial real estate investment business.
The ideal candidate must be an entrepreneurial, curious, aggressive, problem-solver with a strong client-service focus. The candidate should also be highly analytical, decisive, able to operate independently and have strong critical thinking skills.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Underwrite and prepare Investment Committee write ups for new developments, building and land acquisitions.
- Assist with the coordination of due diligence on building and land acquisitions.
- Professionally represent our client by fielding prospect and broker inquiries, conducting property tours, drafting lease proposals, negotiating lease documents, maintaining/updating quarterly market data, and working with in-house property management and project management teams to facilitate efficient tenant construction and move-in.
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of all owned assets in the Raleigh-Durham portfolio, including locations, park access, building features, and competing properties.
- Create, maintain, grow, and foster quality relationships with existing and prospective tenants. Develop an in-depth understanding of the tenants – their business, strategies, customers, and trends that impact their space needs.
- Strategically cold call and catalogue the competition to ensure that:
- Assets are effectively marketed to all companies in competing parks.
- Our client maintains best-in-class market information such as rents, available projects, future competing developments, tenant preferences and general trends for properties in each submarket.
- Track the Raleigh-Durham industrial market and provide a quarterly market update to the team.
- Meet regularly with other real estate professionals including brokers, appraisers, landlords, and economic development officials and become an expert on the market.
- Obtain a brokerage license for the state of North Carolina.
CRITICAL CHARACTER TRAITS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree required in real estate, finance, economics, or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in commercial real estate or related field with a strong focus on financial analysis.
- Proficient in financial modeling within Excel and/or Argus Enterprise.
- Self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic, willingness to learn and a curiosity to develop and hone their expertise in a collaborative working environment.
- Ability to build strong relationships with external and internal stakeholders.
- Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative information and creatively devise solutions are critical to this role.
- An intuitive, results-oriented team player with exceptional time-management and organizational skills.
- Ability to adapt, prioritize, work well under pressure, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Must have persuasive presentation, negotiation, and business development skills.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.