Director of Acquisitions
Salt Lake City, UT
Our client is a fully integrated, self-administered and self-managed real estate investment trust that owns and/or operates over 700 self-storage properties. The Company’s properties comprise over 500,000 units and over 55 million square feet of rentable space.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Source new business opportunities and grow client’s operating platform by acquiring new properties, forming joint venture opportunities, and structuring real estate transactions.
- Structure real estate transactions utilizing elements of earn outs, structured financing, and waterfall returns.
- Present real estate analysis to the executive team for approval of transactions.
- Review financial statements and prepare preliminary valuation of real estate assets.
- Assist in the evaluation of investment returns based on cap rates, discounted cash flows, use of leverage and illustrate trends and possible risks of potential opportunities.
- Develop underwriting and modeling for potential market strategic opportunities.
- Review financial and operational due diligence materials for acquisitions.
- Coordinate closings with the Operations Department to ensure a smooth transition of newly acquired properties.
- Travel to trade shows and conduct property audits as market opportunities develop.
Required Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a financial related field is required; a Master’s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of seven to ten years of sales and negotiating experience in commercial real estate.
- Ability to research commercial real estate industry data and translate the findings into Sales revenue generating information.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and the ability to travel throughout the company-related geographical areas.