Director of Development
Our client is a privately held, national commercial real estate development, investment, and advisory firm. They specialize in the development of speculative and single-tenant build-to-suit facilities, the creation of mixed-use and multifamily communities, and the acquisition of institutional-grade real estate in key markets.
- Lead the development and delivery of projects with goals of maximizing profits, mitigating risk, and building successful vendor and client relationships by serving in a general overall development capacity.
- Responsibilities center on entitlement, due diligence, underwriting, and risk mitigation. This includes full responsibility for delivering projects on time, on budget, and for the complete satisfaction of our partners and our clients.
- Without compromising the integrity or quality of the organization, day to day focus shall be on profitability and risk mitigation.
- Coordinate development proposals for existing and potential clients.
- Assist in creating and implementing development proformas and financial analyses that will accurately reflect project feasibility, construction financing, and status of all our projects; and to effectively communicate same to partners.
- Assist in coordination and project reporting to banks and capital partners.
- Quality First Organization: You will assist company’s cultural and philosophical initiatives and our mission statement to be a Quality First Organization.
Additionally, you will assist and team up with the construction group on the following items:
- Preconstruction efforts associated with the pursuit of new business opportunities.
- Scoping, hiring, and contracting with General Contractor (GC) partners for the successful delivery of development projects.
- Establish regular meetings for monitoring GC schedule and cost control, and reporting on same within company.
- Manage the GC submittal process and coordinate necessary client approvals of submittals, ensuring Quality Control of our product.
- Manage GC Draw Process for Pay Application Approvals and confirmation of appropriate back-up documentation. Coordinate with our lending partners to address their questions / concerns through this process.
- Provide weekly update reports to clients regarding the status of ongoing projects
- Manage our remote project cameras and their content to meet our partners and marketing needs.
- Hire and manage Geotechnical Testing Agencies and oversee their reporting for our projects to ensure proper Quality Control of our product.
- Travel as necessary for managing on-time project deliveries and coordinating with Bank Inspectors for Draw Processes.
- Assist in hiring and managing Architects, Engineers, and Designers through build-to-suit design processes
- Lead the punch list and close out process with GC to gain timely approvals from our clients related to project completion.
To learn more about this position, contact: Jon Nowikowski | (412) 339-5376 | firstname.lastname@example.org