Director of Marketing
Boca Raton, FL
Our client is a third generation, family-owned national real estate investment and development firm with headquarters in Boca Raton, FL. Through decades of investment, development, and lending capital to other developers, they have invested in nearly every product type, predominantly for their own account, but includes a few select joint ventures. They are now focused on a new era of Multi-Family development as they build their own brand of resort style apartments throughout the Southeast.
The Director of Marketing role requires a seasoned professional with extensive experience developing and executing marketing campaigns that drive awareness, revenue, and customer retention through go-to-market strategies and brand driven storytelling. Candidate must possess creative, technical, and strategic marketing expertise with hands-on tactical acumen to implement programs that support the marketing and sales cycle at all customer touchpoints.
- Lead all marketing efforts to create content, plan media placements, and execute marketing strategies across diversified real estate assets within company’s portfolio, overseeing timelines, budgets, and deliverables.
- Generate brand awareness and exposure of each property’s UVP (unique value proposition) to key target audiences through a variety of digital and traditional marketing channels, while evaluating for ROAS and ROI.
- Oversee and provide direction to third party partners to help build and maintain brand identities and drive creative content through marketing funnel within all stages of the customer journey for multiple property types, ensuring the most relevant messages are served to select audiences with effective frequency.
- Research and identify: 1) real estate industry emerging trends; 2) marketing and media best practices; 3) competitive set within each property type and market area; 4) consumer behavior of target to identify where they absorb media and how to effectively reach them.
- Spearhead marketing technology solutions on property websites to improve user experience and accelerate online leases including live chat features, API integrations, 3D virtual tours, interactive site maps, review site feeds, etc.
- Monitor ongoing analytics and adjust as needed for digital marketing campaigns, including organic and paid social media, PPC, retargeting, mobile platforms (geofence, QR codes) as well as reviewing traditional marketing channels via trackable phone numbers.
- Safeguard and improve reputation management through monitoring review sites and social media channels, while guiding on-site property management teams on how to encourage more positive reviews, how to respond appropriately, and how to promote outstanding reviews.
- Audit all websites consistently and update content and design as needed, with attention to areas of improvement for SEO, inbound and outbound marketing opportunities, and overall navigation and ease of use.
- Maximize PR efforts to position company as a national thought leader and industry influencer, by developing and nurturing relationships with local chambers of commerce and relevant industry and location-based media outlets.
- Position reports directly to EVP with dotted line reporting to multiple managers that oversee specific product types.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work autonomously on projects with independent problem-solving skills
- Comfortable working on multiple parallel tracks with the ability to prioritize immediate needs
- Strong management skills to lead third party agencies and partners to execute marketing strategy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Copywriting, creative content writing, presentation writing, professional business writing
- Communicate effectively to internal C-level leadership team, 3rd party agencies, the media
- Attentive to detail with good judgment in evaluating creative marketing concepts
- Strong understanding of marketing technology including SEO, SEM, PPC, retargeting, mobile platforms, social media, and influencer marketing
- Strong marketing insight and understanding of how to review analytics and modify strategy accordingly
- Multi-channel marketing experience, including:
- Digital (social media, PPC, retargeting, mobile, email)
- Traditional (print, direct mail, signage)
- Computer Program Proficiency:
- Google Workspace (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Basic graphic design (Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Spark, Canva)
- Understanding of CRM (customer relationship management) and PMS (property management software) tools
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 10-15 years of marketing related experience
- Minimum of 5 years in residential real estate required