EVP, Regional Market Leader
Our client is a full-service industrial real estate developer, investor and advisor, focusing on institutional-grade industrial properties. From acquisitions and joint ventures to development, property management and fund/asset management, the Company provides creative solutions for its customers and long-term value for its partners. With experience in 52 markets across North America and Europe, the Company has developed and acquired 266.4 million square feet (Q4-2022).
Our client is actively seeking an Executive Vice President (EVP) – Regional Market Leader to assume a pivotal role in leading and overseeing our operations in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic Region. This executive-level leadership position entails comprehensive responsibility for their business within the specified geographical area and reports directly to the President. The EVP – Regional Market Leader will serve as a dynamic leader, managing and directing a highly talented transaction, development and administrative team as well as managing all aspects of our business, including transactions, development, and leasing efforts. In addition to these responsibilities, the individual in this role will adopt a “player-coach” approach, actively engaging in the identification and pursuit of new opportunities to foster growth in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic Region.
Primary Job Functions
Leadership and Team Management:
- Provide visionary leadership to the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic Region, setting strategic goals, and driving the execution of business plant to achieve them.
- Lead and oversee a high-performing transaction, development, and administrative team, fostering collaboration, growth, and excellence within the team.
Business Oversight and Growth Initiatives:
- Take full ownership of business operations in the specified geographical area, including transaction, development, and leasing efforts, ensuring they align with company objectives.
- Proactively identify and pursue new business opportunities to promote growth in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic Region, leveraging market knowledge and industry trends.
- Lead recommendations related to buy/sell hold decisions in conjunction with the Company’s leadership team.
- Build and maintain strong relationship with clients, partners, and key internal and external stakeholder, enhancing the company’s reputation and market presence.
- Oversee financial aspects of the region, including budgeting, forecasting, and financial performance analysis.
Primary Job Duties
- Manage and mentor all Associates within the region.
- Drive investment strategy for the region.
- Lead all search efforts for additional land site selection and land acquisition; work directly with landowners and local brokers.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers, brokers, governmental officials, 3rd party consultants, economic development authorities, and industry associations in major markets.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and exceed customer’s expectations on each transaction and project.
- Coordinate proposals for acquisitions of land and buildings, leases, and build-to-suit projects with brokers and internal transaction and development team.
- Identify and structure option positions in attractive land opportunities.
- Lead all required due diligence related to transactions and development.
- Monitor competing developments.
- Negotiate and manage the leases and purchase and sale agreements with the transaction associates.
- Respond to RFP’s.
- Lead the transaction and development teams through planning, design, underwriting, investment committee approvals, and coordination with acquisition, finance, debt and disposition teams for all developments, including build-to-suits and speculative development projects.
- Lead all marketing efforts for the region.
- A leader with a proven track record of being results oriented with a strong sense of urgency and commitment to achieving these results.
- Strong, demonstrated management and leadership skills with the ability to manage “up and down” the organization.
- Hands on approach and ability to roll-up your sleeves, dive into the details, and demonstrate by example, not just delegation.
- Excellent negotiations skills with ability to obtain favorable terms for the Company while enhancing key relationships and empowering the internal team to transact and develop.
- Ability to manage deadline expectations across a team of independent transaction associates and development associates.
- Ability to successfully oversee the entire transaction and development process for complex industrial projects.
- Ability to handle confidential information and protect intellectual privacy.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with executive level internal and external clients.
- Demonstrate a high level of professional demeanor, integrity, ethics, and leadership.
- Exceptional strategic planning and execution skills.
- Financial acumen and ability to manage budgets and financial performance effectively.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required, MBA or advance degree a plus.
- Significant industrial real estate transaction experience with a demonstrated track record of excellence in sourcing, executing and profitably divesting industrial investments and managing teams is required.
- Demonstrated experience with building and supervising real estate operations, transaction, and development teams.
- Proven track record of leadership in a senior executive role.
- Strong and verifiable network of investors, brokers, lenders, and real estate professionals.
- Extensive knowledge of the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic industrial market is preferred.