Executive Managing Director – Build for Rent Division
West Coast or East Coast
Our client is a real estate investment firm focused on investing in value-add multifamily properties in prime locations throughout the US. The firm is now expanding into the Build-for-Rent (BFR) segment.
The Executive Managing Director is responsible for the start-up and profit and loss (P&L) performance of the new Build for Rent (BFR) market segment and will manage a team of Land Acquisition, Construction, Product Development and Asset Management Leaders. The primary area of focus is to expand their presence in the BFR multifamily asset class.
The Executive Managing Director is responsible for setting up measurable standards of performance for each department and measuring that performance against established business goals. In conjunction with direct reports, the Executive Managing Director will establish company-wide systems and procedures along with existing operations for reporting, project controls, financial controls, and employee relations that will cover the rollout of this new asset class. The Executive Managing Director will subsequently focus on guidelines for acquisition, development, purchasing, pre-construction, construction, budget adherence, marketing, quality, safety and customer service of Build for Rent Communities. In addition, the Executive Managing Director will be a player coach acting in a Chief Investment Officer capacity by sourcing quality and potential acquisitions directly and with a team.
The Executive Managing Director’s overall objective is to establish responsibility for the overall performance of the business unit, across all aspects of building operations including land acquisition, entitlement, development, project planning, purchasing, construction, sales, marketing, customer service/warranty, human resources, risk management and compliance, general management/business planning and administration. The goal is to maximize business results both in the short- and long-term, including financial performance, achievement of business plan, customer satisfaction, engaging team members and operational excellence.
- 10 plus years as a Senior Executive in residential development
- Experience in underwriting and financial P&L management
- Depth of knowledge in multiple aspects of building process to include land acquisition, entitlements, construction, product development, marketing, property management, multifamily
- Acquired, developed and built both single-family and multifamily asset classes throughout the U.S.
- Manage a team of executives across multiple markets and product types
- Mature knowledge of lease up and asset management
- Marketing, Sale and Disposition of Assets experience