New York, NY
Our client is a mixed-use development and consulting company specializing in large urban projects. They are a multi-faceted group that prides themselves on exploring and solving complex real estate issues. The partners complement each other with deep experience in architecture, real estate finance, and design. The company develops massive, complicated projects for its own account and offers the same development consulting services to others. They have completed over $1B in mixed-use development for their own account and they have actively consulted on real estate projects worth another $10B. The company’s specialty and passion are creating dynamic, award-winning built
environments for residential, retail, office and public uses.
- Maintain all reporting requirements required under the Management Agreements.
- Assist in reviewing and modeling budgets, cash flow analysis, and proformas including Net Present Value and Internal Rate of Return.
- Analyze, interpret and communicate all line items of the P&L including revenue, profit/margins, operating expenses.
- Meaningfully compare actual results to historical results, budgets, and forecasts.
- Perform financial planning, budgeting, forecasting and analysis including comparison of financial estimates vs. budgets and related risks and opportunities.
- Provide analysis, as needed, on a multitude of varying matters.
- Assist in preparing presentations, memos and other written or visual reports to senior management.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or economics preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience in the real estate industry preferred.
- Ability to translate raw data into insightful, compelling, graphical reports for delivery to management.
- Strong Microsoft Excel modeling skills with ability to use query and report generation tools.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret raw data and the ability to accurately explain that data in verbal and written communication.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret large, complex sets of real estate data and documents.
- Computer skills including specific knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc).
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to effectively present information to senior and executive level management.
- Strong work ethic and adaptability are a must.