Global Account Director
Our client is a global architecture and design firm grounded in the belief that design strategy optimizes business performance and human potential. Their 5,000+ practitioners networked across 46 offices use global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. Whether they are refreshing a retailer’s brand, planning a new urban district, or designing a super tall building, they strive to make the everyday places people occupy more inspiring, more resilient, and more impactful.
As an experienced Global Account Director, the candidate will have the exciting opportunity to build and foster a long-term relationship with our client’s valued global account clients. The candidate will help consult across retail, design, and mission critical needs. The candidate will join a highly creative, collaborative team dedicated to innovative problem solving and design excellence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the day to day account activities of the global account client worldwide and interact with global delivery teams across the Firm.
- Facilitate and author the account strategic plan to expand relationships within the account and grow the business.
- Integrate the guiding principles, research, and firmwide talent on a daily basis to deliver the best caliber of service to the global account client.
- Seek opportunities to propose new ideas proactively to the global account client and make recommendations for improvements in processes.
- Deliver best practices from outside the global account client’s sphere of understanding proactively and continuously.
- Mentor a potential pipeline of account-knowledgeable leaders.
- Service the account to ensure that the work is delivered in an appropriate and consistent manner and facilitates effective workflow and process.
- Understand, negotiate, and enforce global account client contract terms.
- Manage project specific staffing support and resource allocation to meet deadlines and deliverables.
- Manage the workflow, including operations of international teams.
- Lead scoping, contracting, and budgeting for fiscal year budgeting cycles.
- Drive regular reporting and Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs).
Skills and Qualifications:
- 10-15 years’ minimum experience in client relationship management and delivery success.
- Cross-geography, international work experience and the ability to adapt to and respect cultural diversity and nuances.
- A background in design and consulting is preferred.
- Savvy in business matters and possess financial acumen.
- A familiarity with corporate structures will allow the candidate to navigate within existing processes translating to effective workplans and outcomes.