Our client is a fast-growing private equity investment firm with an excellent track record of protecting and growing investors capital through opportunistic investment strategies. They have successfully invested across Europe and the US in a wide range of commercial assets including office, industrial, retail and logistics.
The Investment Director will lead the sourcing and execution of new investment opportunities across the firm’s US strategies, including direct and co-GP real estate deals and private equity/venture capital investments in operating companies. In addition, the Investment Director will oversee the asset management function to ensure acquisitions meet underwritten performance expectations. The Investment Director will report directly to the CIO of North America.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifying and sourcing new investment opportunities, both within defined areas of focus as well as new strategies.
- Leading the underwriting, analysis and due diligence of those opportunities, including overseeing the production of deal business plans and presenting to the internal Investment Committee.
- Supporting the Investor Relations team on raising investor capital.
- Negotiation and execution of transaction documentation including purchase and sale agreements, joint venture agreements and debt and equity financing agreements.
- Procuring and execution of debt financing on each applicable deal.
- Oversight and management of the investment and asset management teams, including career development.
- Overseeing regular business and asset updates to the CIO, the Board and institutional investors.
- Degree in business administration, real estate, finance, accounting, law or related field, ideally with full or partial post grad finance qualification or CFA.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working in real estate/private equity.
- Experience managing and leading a diverse team.
- Experience successfully underwriting and executing new investments.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills coupled with a balanced technical knowledge and good commercial acumen.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic; multi-tasker.
- The company is very entrepreneurial, and employees must have that attitude in problem solving, work rate and empathy.
- High attention to detail and superb organizational skills, ability to manage concurrent projects and meet deadlines.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, ability to relate well to other people at all levels, internally and externally. Team player – able to work effectively and collaboratively within a small dedicated team.
- Strategic thinker with good judgment and business sense. Entrepreneurial and open mind-set.
- High level of flexibility and professional and personal maturity.