Managing Director – Data Centers
Our client is a privately owned national real estate investment, development, and management firm focused on office, life science, residential, industrial, hospitality, and retail uses. Their multi-faceted expertise sets the standard of excellence for developing high quality stand-alone and mixed-use developments. Each asset class is led by an individual asset leader and supported by the common execution and corporate infrastructure.
This position will be responsible for establishing the Data Center development business. Initially this business will be focused within the USA and may eventually expand across North America or a wider geography.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The role will include (but not be limited to) the establishment, overall management, and profitability of the Data Center business, including the following specific tasks:
- Prepare a business strategy, ongoing annual business plans, and annual operating budgets.
- Recruit and manage an appropriate team to execute the strategy and annual business plan.
- Operate a profitable data center business and ensure current cash flow, long-term market value of assets, and overall enterprise value and profitability are maximized for all stakeholders.
- Represent the business to the data center community including brokers and other business stakeholders.
- Oversee deal sourcing, development, construction, and management of operations, and deal exits.
- Work with and leverage capital markets, construction, management, legal, accounting and all other team resources across the platform to maximize financial and business outcomes.
- Ensure that the reputation and credibility of the brand name is retained and enhanced within the real estate and stakeholder community.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Data center development experience for a minimum of 15 years, including experience in determining target markets and locations, site sourcing, financial underwriting, ability to establish program, knowledge and network of consultants to determine building specifications, and familiarity and credibility with sources of equity and debt capital (the ability to raise capital is not essential)
- Undergraduate degree in finance, real estate, or related business field
- Collaborative approach, team player with a focus on analytical and problem-resolution