Managing Director, Development Partner
Our client is one of the largest diversified real estate firms specializing in Residential and Mixed-Use Development, Investment Property Sales, Leasing, Asset Management and Property Management.
A real estate leader for 60 years, they’ve invested in over 80 successful commercial and mixed-use projects and have completed over $6B in transactions. The company is well-capitalized and is rapidly expanding. They also have a significant development pipeline that includes mixed-use, office, residential and hotel projects.
- The Managing Director, Development Partner will oversee development operations for multifamily residential, office, retail and mixed-use development projects throughout the state of Florida.
- Managing Director will possess technical skills and expertise in the following: Land Acquisition, Zoning, Development Entitlements, Property Due Diligence, Site Planning, Architectural Design, Value Engineering, Construction Management, Real Estate Financing and Property Disposition.
- Managing Director will have shared values with the company to Inspire, Impress and Improve. Most importantly, it must be an individual with integrity and strong moral/ethical beliefs.
- Managing Director, Development Partner will have demonstrated leadership abilities, and the finesse to manage a team of people both internal and external. Ability to work with ALL stakeholders including team members, city, state and government officials, architects, contractors, other developers, residents and business owners.
- Managing Director will have the capacity to manage cost effective development projects that maximize value to investors, while clearly adding to the overall appeal and quality of life for the residents in the area.
- Managing Director will quickly vet potential projects and supervise the team throughout the development process. The MD will prepare the investment memo on the deals and present to the investment committee.
- Managing Director will hire and supervise Development Managers. The MD will interface with the Managing Director, Capital Markets, Director of Finance, Director of Construction, Chief Operating Officer, Treasurer and the CEO.
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES:
- 15+ years’ development experience. The ideal candidate will have experience developing multifamily, office and retail projects. Multifamily experience is a must.
- A. expected, MBA (or other advanced degree) preferred.
- Leadership/management experience.
- Existing relationships in the real estate industry.
- Experience developing in more than one market is a strong preference.
- This person should buy into the longer-term vision/values of the company and should see themselves spending the next half of their career with the company, understanding that they are flexible, and they can grow within the Organization.
- Someone that is generally well-composed and articulate, who can represent the company well in the wider financial and social communities, with both national and international clients.
BILINGUAL: Spanish is not required but is a plus.