Our client is a privately held, full-service retail development and management company with a long history of developing quality shopping centers and single tenant build-to-suit projects. Based in Charlotte, our client is one of the state’s largest owners and operators of retail properties in the Carolinas
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE:
- Maintain complete oversight of the private portfolio of LLC assets which was formed in 2015 in a rollup under the parent company in order to maximize the value and provide the best returns to the investors.
- Responsible for the investment performance, reporting, and strategic direction for the current and future portfolio.
- Develop strategy and business plan for each asset including capital raising, operational overviews, complete analysis of how assets complement the overall portfolio, and execution of the plan. Create and oversee the business plan for each property, which should address the overall investment strategy for the asset, how it fits the firm’s portfolio objectives and include strategies to increase property cash flow and/or value.
- Conduct detailed analysis of every asset owned by the LLC. Review and approve annual operating and leasing budgets, and conduct a mid-year reforecast for each project to include all revenues, expenses, and capital expenditures.
- Lay groundwork to set policies, standardize procedures and establish best practices for the portfolio. Develop and manage the implementation of asset strategies and operational initiatives aimed at maximizing values in the portfolio.
- Develop immediate snapshot analysis of the portfolio. Create and present detailed financial analyses to support recommendations and decision making for capital expenditures, leasing activities, or other strategic initiatives as needed.
- Identify new opportunities for portfolio investments, including acquisitions/dispositions and development.
- Think critically about the future growth of the portfolio and how it relates to the parent company.
- Work with the finance team on refinancing and restructuring strategies.
- Conduct review of all third-party service provider performance and cost.
- Solid grasp and demonstrated experience with real estate finance. Strong valuation, due diligence and real estate financial analysis skills. Strong understanding of commercial real estate concepts, underwriting and valuation techniques.
- Asset management/portfolio management experience including market analysis skills to support decisions concerning competitive positioning, rental rates, capital improvement programs, leasing strategies, and property repositioning.
- Experience and understanding of how to operate and analyze prospective transactions that fit into the portfolio.
- Strong analytical skills including Excel and Argus.
- Deep understanding of real estate operations and oversight of the operating portfolio. In-depth understanding of property operations, marketing, and leasing.
- Analytical knowledge and understanding of development and acquisitions activities.
- Capital raising and investor relations exposure.
- Collaborative team player with humble personality and strong sense of personal motivation and responsibility.
- Entrepreneurial mindset. Conscientious and self-directed with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively with teams.
- Clear communicator with excellent presentation skills to be able to analyze and report on performance, budget variances and significant changes in market and property conditions.
- Coordinate the preparation and presentation of reporting requirements to a variety of stakeholders including co-owners, corporate office, and external parties.
- Ability to juggle many deals at once in various stages of lifecycle.
- Comfortable with doing a little bit of everything and creating own day to day responsibilities.
- Self-starter with solid work ethic. Independent, solution-oriented, and creative thinker.
- Strong desire to lead and mentor in the future.
- Established relationships with brokers and owners in the Carolinas are preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with sharp attention to detail.
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently with an ability to succeed under tight deadlines.