Multi-Family Acquisitions Officer
Our client is a dynamic real estate private equity investor with a multi-sector investment platform. The Company focuses on the acquisition and ownership of value-add multi-family, value-add office and net leased Corporate Headquarters facilities. The Company has acquired or built 4.5M SF of office, medical office, industrial, retail, and data center projects; plus 4,000 units of multi-family, condominium and assisted living properties in 37 investments. They are vertically integrated and self-manage a national portfolio of apartment properties on behalf of their institutional investors, family offices and financial institutions.
Our client is seeking a Director of Multi-Family Acquisitions who will be responsible for sourcing, acquiring, underwriting and closing numerous multi-family deals annually. The client’s culture is fast-paced and requires the ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously in order to meet desired growth objectives. The ideal candidate will be someone who is excited by this high-energy, entrepreneurial environment, while at the same time, exhibiting the polished demeanor of a seasoned professional with well-established relationships nationwide.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Director of Multi-Family Acquisitions will directly source deals (on and off market) by utilizing their existing network and developing new relationships.
- Uncover emerging growth areas and source investment opportunities in markets with positive fundamentals.
- Responsible for the financial analysis of each potential acquisition through preparation and analysis of proforma financial models and supporting documentation.
- Develop the investment thesis and underlying business plan for each acquisition.
- Analyze current market trends, economic data and develop market knowledge to provide input for investment strategy development.
- Track / monitor current trends in both the debt and equity markets.
- Oversee the preparation of internal investment committee presentations.
- Present potential investment opportunities to the investment committee.
- Generate offers for investment opportunities, negotiating and executing LOI’s and PSA’s with prospective sellers.
- Assist with the due diligence process including review of legal documents, third-party reports and other materials, as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a top-tier university, MBA preferred.
- Minimum 10 – 15 years of successful multi-family acquisitions experience (with a proven deal sheet).
- Self-motivated, hard-working, and flexible. Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills.
- Experience in the sourcing, underwriting, and closing multi-family investment transactions and financings.
- Established network of broker, owner and institutional relationships to facilitate sourcing apartment deals.
- A sound understanding of the capital markets.
- Strong financial background and expertise with financial modeling.
- Experience in transaction due diligence and management of the closing process.
- Flexibility in competently managing multiple priorities and changing expectations.
- Conscientious and high attentive to detail.
- Possesses strong transaction management experience and organizational skills.