National Partner, Multifamily
Our client is a diversified, national development firm with expertise in multiple property types including multifamily, industrial, office, and mixed-use. Our client operates as a principal, investing capital alongside its institutional equity partners in the development of residential and commercial projects and as a fee developer for clients and user-owners. Since 2012, the company has completed or commenced the development of $4.5 billion in total project cost across all product types encompassing 20 cities from California to New Jersey. To date, our client has completed or commenced 18 multi-family projects totaling 5,270 units with a combined total cost of $1.42 billion with concentrations in the Mid-Atlantic, Florida, Texas, and select western states.
As our client continues to expand, it is seeking to create a product-focused multifamily group led by a National Partner. The company has created a national industrial development group under the same premise with regional partners and the National Partner, Multifamily will be charged with implementing this strategy and recruiting key personnel.
Reporting to the President, the National Partner, Multi-Family (“NP”) will provide leadership to formulate and implement strategies for the management and continued expansion of our client’s multifamily business. This position will be responsible for all operational oversight and prioritizing initiatives with a view towards long-term success as a national market leader in multifamily development.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Partner with the President and the investment committee to establish the strategic direction, goals, and major initiatives of the company.
- Oversee all aspects of multifamily operations including the development and implementation of business plans, initiatives, project performance, and profitability.
- Provide dynamic leadership focused on inspiring teams to outstanding results and excellence while achieving superior financial performance.
- Identify, recruit, motivate, and retain top development professionals and staff in a profitable manner.
- Take proactive role in raising capital for development projects and managing investor relations in coordination with the efforts of the capital raising team.
- Assess risks and opportunities, optimize overall business performance, and ensure that the organizational structure in place supports the company’s strategy.
- Exemplify and further our client’s unique and collaborative team-oriented culture in making it the “right place to be” for clients and team members.
- Along with the President and finance staff:
- Coordinate investment analysis and financial structuring of development projects.
- Participate in the evaluation and underwriting of all multifamily projects.
- Lead the review of land acquisition and development decisions from a financial institutional market strategy point of view, supported by the other members of the Investment Committee.
- Participate in industry and client events to raise the firm’s profile in the real estate and business communities; position him or herself as a visible and respected thought leader nationally and communicator for the industry.
- The National Partner, Multifamily will be an enterprising leader responsible for leading and enhancing our client’s multifamily partners and team members, implementing business strategies to meet organizational goals and objectives, evaluating operational processes, as well as identifying and capitalizing on market opportunities.
- 15+ years of relevant industry experience, and a minimum of a 5-year proven track record of executive management experience leading multi-disciplinary teams to exceptional results.
- Ability to adapt and act quickly to new trends and markets; a sharp focus on disruptive events impacting the real estate industry and related business segments that will impact the company; an ability to “see around the corner” and move swiftly to adapt.
- Exceptional leader and motivator of people and a demonstrated ability to successfully manage a business and teams.
- Capable of attracting, retaining, and developing outstanding talent and leading a strong and positive culture that is a differentiator in attracting talent.
- Professionalism, high integrity, excellent judgment, credibility, and strong moral character
- Engaging organizational leader with excellent communication skills
- Critical thinker, decisive
- Exceptional relationship and management skills; ability to build strong partnerships
- Undergraduate degree required; advanced degree preferred