Charlotte or Raleigh, NC
Founded in 1989, our client is one of the largest privately held owners of industrial and office properties in the Carolinas. They have invested over $2.2B in real estate projects and developed and acquired in excess of 29.2 million square feet. Today they lease, own, or manage more than 12.5 million square feet of property throughout the Carolinas. Their primary focus is acquiring and developing well located industrial and urban infill office and mixed-use properties.
Our client is seeking a Partner to help build a multifamily investment platform under its umbrella. The Partner will be responsible to craft strategy, build relationships, identify and source (development and/or acquisition) deals and oversee to successful completion. All of this will be accomplished with the support from the existing platform (capital markets, project management, administrative support, etc.) The initial geographic priority is focusing on the Carolinas markets with a desire to expand to other dynamic southeast cities. This individual will have the talent, passion, and character to build a thriving multifamily investment business within the company platform while also becoming a respected leader in the organization who adds strategic input and value for all of our client’s endeavors. The hired candidate will report to the Managing Partner and this role will be based in either their Charlotte or Raleigh, NC office.
- Set strategy for a new multifamily line of business within an established organization
- Build out and lead the multifamily team
- Identify, pursue and negotiate new multi-family development and acquisition opportunities while also working with the team to build-out existing company sites and mixed-use properties
- Cultivate relationships with landowners, brokers, and financial sources
- Monitor development and construction processes to ensure projects are completed as scheduled
- Conduct site investigations, financial feasibility, project budgeting, and meetings
- Work in tandem with the internal capital markets team in underwriting and financing deals
- Manage project cash requirements and expenditures, project budgets, and schedules
- Prepare and present underwriting
- Oversee capitalization with support from CFO and capital markets team
- Take proactive role in raising capital for projects and interacting with investors in coordination with the capital markets team
CRITICAL CHARACTER TRAITS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- An ideal candidate will have a proven track record in multifamily development and acquisitions with knowledge of the markets as well as an established network in the Southeast.
- Only individuals with the highest personal character will be considered. High integrity, a desire to pursue excellence, a strong work ethic, optimism, a strong desire to serve others, and a commitment to doing business the right way are prerequisites for consideration.
- Strong leadership skills, analytical skills, problem solving, initiative, decisiveness, and teamwork are essential.
- Candidates must be self-motivated, creative, curious, entrepreneurial and have excellent sales and presentation skills.
- Land acquisition experience is essential as well as strong negotiating skills with experience negotiating joint venture structures.
- The ideal candidate will have a proactive and team-oriented style and be goal oriented and highly motivated.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required, graduate degree is preferred.