Our client is a real estate development and management company, which currently owns a $200 million commercial real estate portfolio in the Southeast. It is a subsidiary of a large global manufacturing company that was founded over 100 years ago. The company is debt free, extremely well-capitalized and plans to grow strategically, mostly through development. The assets are in prime urban locations and are well-anchored. The portfolio is diverse and consists of retail, office and medical office, industrial and mixed-use. The company also has significant land holdings in prime development areas.
The President will be responsible for all real estate functions of the Company. The President will provide strategic leadership for the Company by working with the Board of Directors and other management to establish long-range goals, strategies, plan and policies.
- Develop, maintain and communicate corporate strategy, structure and objectives, aggressively driving the short-term business goals alongside long-term strategic business plans.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the company’s fiscal function and performance.
- Lead the strategy regarding additional capital investments in real estate.
- Lead the company for the overall delivery of CRE services, ensuring they are delivered effectively and efficiently across the company’s real estate portfolio.
- Design and implement business strategies to ensure positive performance and successful growth.
- Continuously monitor market conditions and recommend best practices for proactive direction.
- Attend all annual shareholders’ meetings and Board of Directors’ meetings.
- Create, communicate and implement the company’s vision, mission and overall direction, including some form of regular communication to shareholders.
- Build, coach and manage a team of real estate professionals.
- Lead, guide, direct and evaluate the work of senior leadership team to drive cooperation and collaboration within teams and across organizational teams.
- Establish systems and procedures for operations.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment.
- BS/BA degree in business or real estate required.
- 15+ years of CRE experience, including substantial time in a senior management role.
- Proven ability to develop and implement new business, development and growth strategies.
- Strong understanding of how to create value in development projects.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills with the ability to build, coach and lead a team to meet goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated success developing and maintaining productive working relationships with stakeholders, colleagues and strategic partners.
- Extensive experience in analyzing and negotiating commercial contracts.
- Strong understanding of financing principles and capital structures.
- Professional industry designation.