Project Manager/ Owner’s Rep
Our client, an affiliate of global real estate private equity firm, is a dedicated operating company that serves commercial properties in gateway cities throughout the United States. With its focus on personalized service, premium amenities, and proactive relationship management, the company employs the latest technologies and a concierge-like approach to property management in order to foster an elevated tenant experience across approximately 7 million square feet of real estate. The company is extremely well-capitalized and is aggressively pursuing new acquisition and development opportunities.
- Lead and Communicate with Contractors, Field Supervision, Subcontractors and Vendors to assist them in working to the Owner Project Schedule.
- Representative of the Owner to Architects, Consultants, Government Authorities, Vendors and Subcontractors
- Administer financial aspects of the Owner’s contract with Contractor
- Build effective working relationships with the project team members
- Review the general contract and contract documents and monitor the budget setup and project milestones
- Assist in the creation and monitoring of the schedule of values and project logs, plan for project safety and mobilization, including review and validation with team members
- Participate and monitor the purchasing process and document control by the Contractor
- Monitor and insure the buy schedule, write scopes of work, distribute and log subcontracts, write required contract riders and purchase orders, and confirm compliance with project insurance requirements are being followed by the Contractor.
- Review contractor references, obtain Subcontractor bonds (when required), and maintain project files
- Monitor and insure all purchase and delivery schedules, change order processes, shop drawings, document control logs for the Architect, Consultants, Contractor and Subcontractor are submitted timely for approval and maintained.
- Understand and participate with the Contractor in the trade buyout including: defining scope of work, authoring Exhibit B’s, ensuring scope coverage, understanding the buy and project schedules
- Attend all schedule and management meetings necessary to monitor and manage the project, chairing as be appropriate
- Manage all requisitions and payments including lien releases and maintains best possible cash flow throughout the project, communicating issues proactively
- Insure the delivery of all necessary manuals for the Owner, consolidates project documentation and files
- Insure that contractor produces the subcontractor closeout, transfer of utilities, owner training, and punch list process
- Insure delivery of all warranties, as-builts and training for the owner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or applicable discipline and experience relative to project size/scope
- 8+ years of project management experience within commercial real estate and construction
- Candidate must possess Company’s Core Values: Passion, Integrity, Hard Work and Professionalism
- Excellent business judgment demonstrated by consistently achieving profitability objectives and strong project close-outs with client and subcontractor relationships in good standing
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail evidenced by a strong command of all applicable contract and legal provisions
- Ability to consistently analyze and execute financial trade-offs which frequently involve dealing with incomplete data and ambiguity
- Ability to constantly multi-task and handle competing priorities between Company business needs, organizational issues, and sound team members relations
- Possess judgment to know when to appropriately escalate issues up the chain of command
- A strong sense of urgency and initiative. Able to quickly study and react to complex issues
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to confidently and decisively take action
- Team leader with excellent diplomatic and communication skills, able to handle and resolve conflicts effectively in a firm but fair manner