Our client is a full-service, privately held developer, owner and operator of grocery-anchored retail real estate. As one of the leading retail developers in the U.S., they are highly focused on the ever-evolving, necessity-based marketplace, prioritizing properties that are an integral part of everyday life, anchored by the stability of grocery and enhanced by a strong tenant mix. Our client is fluent in all aspects of retail real estate, including acquisitions, development, leasing, and property management. They have successfully developed grocery-anchored shopping centers, neighborhood shopping centers and regional shopping centers ranging in size from 100,000 SF to over 1,200,000 SF.
Responsible for managing a ground up or renovation construction project through all phases of the project from budgeting, hiring of consultants and contractors, coordinating on and off site, and supervising through the completion of the project.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Models the client’s core values and exhibits exemplary leadership.
- Prepares cost estimates for assigned project.
- Manages budgets throughout the entire project.
- Prepares construction schedule.
- Negotiates and prepares consultant contracts/agreements.
- Coordinates and manages bid process.
- Maintains a working knowledge of tenant leases and agreements relative to the project.
- Collaborates in-house with tenant coordination, project management and engineering relating to construction management.
- Coordinates with consultants, utility companies, inspectors, and government officials.
- Manages all change order requests.
- Purchases owner supplied materials.
- Ensures property job site safety.
- Conducts regular site visits and reports progress regularly in construction group meetings and in standard construction group reports.
- Manages final walk-thru and punch list completion.
- Maintains department standards, procedures, and protocols.
- Travel as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university preferred. Minimum of 4-6 years related experience and/or training required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Knowledge of civil/architectural drawings.
- Knowledge of contract documents.
- Negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of union/non-union work forces.
- Oral and written communication.
- Time management skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.