Regional Director, Asset Management
New Orleans, LA
Our client is an established investment, development and management firm based in New York City. For over 60 years, they have been a powerful force in real estate. They’ve achieved success by adhering to a core group of principles: diversity of holdings to weather fickle financial trends and climates; low debt to keep capital working for them and their clients; and extensive expertise to manage and operate their own properties. These qualities combine to make the company one of the nation’s foremost real estate companies. Diversity is a key to the company’s success. Active in every facet of the industry, they own, develop and manage over 26 million square feet of retail, commercial and industrial properties, over 5,000 residential rental units, as well as hundreds of net leased properties and thousands of acres of undeveloped land across the country.
The company is one of the largest owners/developers of real estate assets in New Orleans. The Regional Director of Asset Management will oversee all office and multifamily properties in the Louisiana portfolio (approximately 3 million square feet of office and 1200 multifamily units). Key responsibilities include hands-on oversight of property operations, leasing, and financial reporting. The Regional Director will also manage all redevelopment/development projects within the portfolio.
- Track all deals from start to finish.
- Review all deals with leasing personnel prior to it being sent to New York for approval.
- Review and comment on all lease issues and make changes and finalize/ approval of the document including Assignments, etc.
- Make decisions on whether lease or amendment should be sent to an Attorney or do in-house.
- Check lease and amendments to make any updates to amendments, for example termination options, insurance, casualty, etc.
- Assist and support all Property Managers (Offices, Apartments & Warehouses) in order to better operate their properties. Enhance and enforce the philosophy of the owner.
- Meetings and discussions on operations and leasing/site visits.
- Resolve problems with Property Managers in crisis whether it is tenant, building, legal and sometimes personal if it is affecting one’s job performance.
- Review and assist in budget creation, operational and capital spending.
- Review weekly leasing reports, budgets, variances, accounts receivable collections and accounts payable approval.
- Sign off on all capital projects (budgeted and non-budgeted).
- Review all vendor contracts.
- Monitor all 3rd party contractors used at the properties (pricing and workmanship).
- Review and remedy all legal notices, lawsuits, violation notices for properties, tenant defaults, evictions or collections.
- Review and investigate all claims of injuries prior to sending to our insurance company.
- Ensure that all safety precautions at each property are taken in adverse weather conditions including fire systems, warning notices, generator function, building first responders, re-entry passes and on-call vendors.
- Work with third party management companies.
- Communicate with brokers and attorneys
- Site evaluation
- Contract review
- Due Diligence
- Closing and transition of property to Property Manager
- Oversee all aspects from conception, design and development, construction, marketing and leasing
- Source/ identify new opportunities locally to grow the company
- 10+ years of asset management/operations experience with an owner/developer
- Experience managing development and renovation projects, both office and multifamily. Previous experience in construction management, tenant coordination, due diligence and entitlement work
- Knowledge of the New Orleans market as well as existing relationships in the market (preferred)
- Four-year college degree required