Regional Partner, Multifamily
Our client is a diversified, national development firm with expertise in multiple property types including multifamily, industrial, office, and mixed-use. Our client operates as a principal, investing capital alongside its institutional equity partners in the development of residential and commercial projects and as a fee developer for clients and user-owners. Since 2012, the company has completed or commenced the development of $4.5 billion in total project cost across all product types encompassing 20 cities from California to New Jersey. To date, our client has completed or commenced 18 multifamily projects totaling 5,270 units with a combined total cost of $1.42 billion with concentrations in the Mid-Atlantic, Florida, Texas, and select western states.
As our client continues to expand, it is seeking to create a product-focused multi-family group with national and regional product-level leadership. This will include four or five Regional Partners with senior responsibility for business development and project execution within their regions. The company has created a national industrial development group under the same premise with regional partners.
Reporting to the National Partner, Multifamily (“NP”), the Regional Partner (“RP”) will be responsible for all multi-family development activities within his or her defined region and will provide leadership to formulate and implement strategies, and recruit and develop appropriate team members.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Partner with the President, the National Partner, Multifamily, and the investment committee to establish the strategic direction, goals and major initiatives of the company.
- Oversee all aspects of regional multifamily operations including business development, project conceptualization, project execution, the development and implementation of business plans, project performance, and profitability.
- Provide dynamic leadership focused on inspiring regional teams to outstanding results and excellence while achieving superior financial performance.
- Identify, recruit, motivate, and retain top development professionals and staff in a profitable manner.
- Take proactive role in raising capital for development projects and managing investor relations in coordination with the efforts of the capital raising team.
- Assess risks and opportunities, optimize overall business performance, and ensure that the organizational structure in place supports the company’s strategy.
- Exemplify and further our client’s unique and collaborative team-oriented culture in making it the “right place to be” for clients and team members.
- Along with the President, the National Partner, and capital markets team:
- Coordinate investment analysis and financial structuring of development projects,
- Direct the evaluation and underwriting of all regional multifamily projects,
- Manage the review of land acquisition and development decisions from a financial institutional market strategy point of view, supported by the other team members noted above.
- Participate in industry and client events to raise the firm’s profile in the real estate and business communities; position him or herself as a visible and respected thought leader regionally and nationally.
- The Regional Partner, Multifamily will be an enterprising developer responsible for leading and enhancing the respective regional multifamily business, and its team members, implementing business strategies to meet organizational goals and objectives, evaluating operational processes, as well as identifying and capitalizing on market opportunities.
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience, and a minimum of a 5-year proven track record of development management experience.
- Ability to underwrite multiple types of projects, formulate financial assessments, negotiate land contracts, understand hard cost and design drivers, understand entitlement risk and processes, direct the preparation of capital pitchbooks and investment committee presentations, participate as a project advocate during the capitalization process.
- Ambitious and aspirational team leader and motivator of people and a demonstrated ability to successfully manage projects and risk.
- Capable of attracting, retaining, and developing outstanding talent and leading a strong and positive culture that is a differentiator in attracting talent.
- Professionalism, high integrity, excellent judgment, credibility, and strong moral character
- Engaging team leader with excellent communication skills
- Critical thinker, decisive
- Exceptional relationship and management skills; ability to build strong partnerships
- Undergraduate degree required; advanced degree preferred