Our client is a privately owned real estate company based in Charlotte, NC that focuses on the development of multifamily and commercial projects throughout the Southeast. They have 15 multifamily properties (10 under construction – 1482 units / 1 in permitting – 35 units / 2 in leasing – 315 units / 1 stabilized – 240 units / And 1 sold – 190 units) with $400M in total project costs across 4 states. The preference is for this position to be based in Charlotte, NC.
The Regional Partner will oversee the Carolinas and Nashville and possibly other markets for the company. This person will lead the regional development team to source, underwrite, acquire, entitle, and oversee the design and pre-construction of new apartment projects through the delivery of the buildings to property management. The focus will be on the development of suburban, garden style communities. The Partner is responsible for the creation of pipeline and the execution of development projects in their territory. This instrumental leader works with the overall team to deliver projects on time, on budget, leased, and at the company’s quality levels.
- Be responsible for planning, underwriting and implementing development opportunities in specific markets.
- Work with the company’s legal team to negotiate development and partnership agreements on potential development opportunities.
- Oversee the creation of feasibility studies, concept plans, project capital budgets, schedules and financial proformas.
- Oversee development teams including consultants and contractors to ensure all projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Collaborate with the Head of Construction to help conceptualize the vision and ensure successful completion of each development.
- Establish and maintain relationships with public officials and governmental agencies, obtain entitlements and permits and present at public hearings for all three markets.
- Establish annual development goals for pipeline and execution of projects for each market and create development opportunities at or beyond goals.
- Bring and develop market knowledge expertise regarding the strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities for development within their market(s) and understand the market comps.
- Plan, organize, and conduct regular project meetings in concert with the contractor and design team until construction commencement.
- Manage business development, predevelopment, and development endeavors with the support of the company.
- Solicit and analyze pre-development proposals/contracts and budgets.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure implementation of development vision on project details, ranging from pre-development to lease-up of the project.
- Ensure finance packages, market studies, proposals, and RFP’s/ RFQ’s are accurate and timely by working with Development Associates and other team members.
- Work with Development Associates and other staff members to ensure that all dashboards, reports, budgets, and proformas are accurate and timely.
- Represent and promote the company’s brand in public forums, industry events, and blogs.
- Present projects and/or capital requests to investment committee for approval.
- The successful candidate will be a seasoned real estate development executive with demonstrated experience identifying and executing large-scale multifamily development opportunities. He/she will also have a proven track record leading teams, overseeing operations, and driving growth through development and repositioning of assets.
- The candidate should be capable of both analytical, deep thinking coupled with open-minded and innovative approaches. He/she should also possess strong negotiating and presentation skills. The ability to create relationships internally and externally will be an important asset.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent, ideally specializing in Business, Real Estate, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, or Urban Planning.
- An advanced degree is preferred.
- Significant years of experience in real estate development, investment, planning, or construction.
- Must be able and willing to travel frequently.