Regional Vice President of Construction – Single Family Rental
Our client develops, acquires and operates high-quality apartment communities in desirable locations coast-to-coast. While they are a national company with 14 regional offices across the country, they pride themselves on their ability to immerse themselves in their chosen markets – in other words, living and working in the communities where they operate. They combine deep understanding of each market with 30+ years of expertise and a fresh innovative approach to the apartment industry, to build relationships and places in which people thrive – creating real and enduring value for their residents, investors and associates.
They are currently in process of building out a new Single-Family Rental division within the organization and need to hire a Regional VP of Construction – Single-Family Rental to be based in Dallas, TX to oversee those efforts. This person will report directly to the Chief Construction Officer of the company.
The Regional VP of Construction – Single-Family Rental will oversee all new initial construction activities for the SFR division, initially in Dallas, but then to include other locations throughout Texas. This is a new and exciting high-profile opportunity for an experienced construction leader in the single-family sector who has experience in management and oversight of single-family residential construction, field supervision, scheduling, quality control, and resource management.
Responsible for maintaining project goals, schedule, and overall quality of the projects. Will manage and mentor on-site field associates and direct the work of subcontractors.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide pre-development input of construction techniques and job cost.
- Conduct material take-off prior to construction to schedule subcontractors, purchase order deliveries, and verify quantities.
- Create final project schedule and assist with providing qualified trades for the bidding process.
- Aid in compilation and review of all subcontractor scopes.
- Supervise and resolve subcontractor disputes and monitor quality of workmanship and materials on project.
- Oversee subcontractor submittals to construction and development departments.
- Maintain weekly status and safety reports on project for supervisory review.
- Directly supervise the activities of the field teams.
- Monitor execution of punch lists & quality control.
- Organize and execute schedule and safety meetings with subcontractors.
- Promote safety on the projects and monitor subcontractors’ work is in compliance with the comprehensive project safety program and assists with OSHA inspections.
- Review and approve subcontractors’ and suppliers’ pay requests.
- Manage all construction administrative functions on the projects.
- Oversee close-out of projects including finalizing as-builts and collecting close-out documents.
- Create a highly motivated team of Associates and trade partners at each community.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience is required.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience, with 15 preferred in construction with at least 5 years in single-family construction required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or related field is preferred.
- Knowledge of construction management theory and practice.
- Must have thorough knowledge of single-family trades, ability to analyze construction documents, and ability to read blueprints.
- Knowledge of construction building codes and building methods.
- Knowledge of PC and of construction and business software, including scheduling, estimating, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to take initiative, use good judgment, demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and follow-up and carry multiple projects through to completion.