Regional Vice President, Operations
El Paso, TX
Our client is one of the largest affordable property management companies in the country, with over 37,000 units under management in 17 states.
This position has overall responsibility for the performance and operation of communities and staff in an assigned portfolio averaging 6,000 units. This position will also be responsible for fostering and maintaining a positive relationship between the company and the owner(s) of each of the communities for which he/she has responsibility. The Regional Vice President typically oversees Regional Managers and Area Mangers in the assigned portfolio. He/she is also responsible for maximizing the potential of the communities within his/her region and for assisting in new business development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support and assist Regional and Area Managers in overall management of all communities within the assigned portfolio.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, supervising, and evaluating Regional/Area Managers within assigned portfolio.
- Build strong on-site management teams and Regional/Area Managers through constant coaching and motivation.
- Achieve the highest possible net operating income through the implementation of effective cost control, revenue maximization and delinquency management plans.
- Work with owners to identify long term property goals and objectives.
- Maintain an effective and consistent program of personal contact (at least weekly) with clients to ensure that daily management of their property is in accordance with their needs, goals, objectives, and direction.
- Identify and analyze issues within portfolio and develop and implement decisions that help the assigned communities achieve the owner’s objectives and that are consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Present yearly financial budgets with the assistance of Regional/Area Managers.
- Effectively disseminate all information and instructions necessary for Regional/Area Managers and the communities to perform their work.
- Monitor achievement of each property against financial objectives utilizing the review of monthly owners’ reports, bi-monthly inspections, and weekly operating reports. Work with Regional/Area Managers to correct unfavorable variances and improve NOI.
- Perform final review of monthly financial statements in a timely manner before sending to clients.
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Work Experience Requirements
- Ten or more years in property/real estate management required.
- Seven or more years in management positions required.
- Knowledge of LIHTC and HUD regulations, previous experience with affordable housing.
- Knowledge of Yardi software.
- Bachelor’s Degree or comparable industry experience required.
- Previous experience with managing housing authority units.
- HCCP or comparable tax credit housing certification required.
- Moderate Real Estate and Management training experience required.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability to understand all aspects of the financial responsibilities of budgeting, reporting, and expense control.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of management, as well as with the public, clients, potential clients, and outside vendors.
- Strong negotiation skills including ability to resolve conflict appropriately and effectively resolve problems.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and discretion.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines while maintaining accuracy and quality.