Regional Vice President
Our client is a private real estate investment management firm focused on serving the complex real estate needs of science-based companies and institutions. Founded in 2002, the Company concentrates on properties located in tier one, knowledge-based cities. Headquartered in Boston, it is one of the largest privately held owners of life-science real estate in the country. The Company is highly experienced in the complex operations and development of multi-tenant research laboratory, biomanufacturing, and advanced manufacturing buildings. The Company currently owns and operates over 3 million square feet of laboratory space in Boston, San Francisco, San Diego, New York City, and Raleigh/Durham, with another 4.5 million square feet under development.
The Company is looking for a talented individual to represent its interests and relationships in all facets of the Raleigh/Durham market, including the brokerage, tenant, and governmental communities. The individual’s responsibilities include leading the major leasing initiative at the Company’s new state-of-the-art 1 million square foot biomanufacturing development project as well as overseeing three other operating assets, which total approximately 650K SF. The individual will also be responsible for implementing capital plans, leasing, reporting, and overseeing all aspects of the day-to-day management and development of the Company’s market assets. The individual will have direct access, interaction, and support from senior management, partners, and third-party service providers.
- Establish, represent, and grow the Company’s brand in the Research Triangle market.
- Lead comprehensive leasing and marketing initiative for portfolio. Duties will include management of the third-party leasing team in a “hands on” fashion, conducting tenant tours, preparation of lease proposals, lease negotiation, and build-out of tenant spaces.
- Oversee asset management and property-level investment performance for laboratory/research/ industrial/office assets, with major focus on specialized operations, life safety protocols, and infrastructure.
- Maintain, and continue to build, strong relationships with third party vendors, tenants, brokers, and partners.
- Oversee the preparation of accurate and timely completion of monthly/quarterly financial reports, including comprehensive variance comments. This will also include ad hoc reporting to the partnership, as needed, and will be supported by analysts.
- Oversee on-site property management staff and examine daily property activities to ensure that the operating plan is being carried out and objectives are being satisfied with regards to property management and tenant services. Evaluate and pursue property operating efficiencies, including, but not limited to, utility procurement and management initiatives.
- Execute capital improvement plan for existing assets, including the base building work and tenant improvements.
- Leverage operational expertise to drive income growth and value creation.
- Source new acquisition/development opportunities.
- Assist, and potentially lead, development activities in the market, including permitting, design, and construction administration.
- Ability to be successful working independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in a client-facing role
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Effective management of all stakeholders
- Yardi, MRI, and Argus proficiency would be beneficial but not required