Resort Development Executive
Our client is an owner and operator of year-round destination resort communities. They own and operate a range of recreation, hospitality, real-estate development, food and beverage and retail businesses. The portfolio represents a group of diverse playgrounds that span five U.S. states and three Canadian provinces.
The Vice President, Resort Development will be based in northern California and be responsible for all aspects of strategic envisioning and development execution. This encompasses resort owned lands, facilities, hospitality and retail investments including land use entitlements and re-zoning, master planning and design development.
- Execution of resort base area development plans – including entitlements (zoning and land use), base village master planning and delivering on master developer obligations.
- Negotiate development agreements and manage resort land and mountain planners in developing program driven growth inducement master plans.
- Insure full integration of development objectives and operational performance requirements on all new and existing attractions and facilities.
- Planning – Creating a sense of place through scale, circulation, and product diversification.
- Operation programming – project scoping.
- Design oversight management – scope containment.
- Project execution planning – critical path scheduling.
- Contract management – buying work efficiently.
- Understand financial drivers for resort expansion projects and present project feasibility and capital authorization request recommendations to Sr. Management.
- Structure land deals in ways to induce development by 3rd party developers, including a knowledge of public financing sources for the funding of public infrastructure.
- Nurture and maintain strong relationships with local government agencies, community-based organizations and local and regional environmental groups.
COMPETENCIES & JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Self-motivated, confident, decisive, and articulate.
- Creative thinker who can connect current day to a “what we want to be.”
- Lead and make decisions without perfect information.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities in a time-sensitive manner.
- Effectively resolve conflict with a variety of stakeholders in a manner that is consistent with team’s core values and ensures a strong working relationships in the future.
- Proven success and passion for building and sustaining strong relationships with team members, partners, consultants and community stakeholders and government authorities.
- Ability to formally present and explain detailed project plans to stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of proformas, financial statements and budgets.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in evaluating and executing resort development projects.
- Hands on resort operational experience is a plus.
- Strong financial background in evaluating project feasibility.
- A proven design acumen.
- Experience in resort planning, feasibility and design on single asset and master plan developments.
- A firm understanding in all phases of planning, seeking operational programming requirements, financing and vertical building development projects including strategy, approvals, sales and marketing, construction and delivery.