Senior Asset Manager
Dallas, TX or Atlanta, GA
Our client is an award-winning, vertically integrated, privately held REIT specializing in the development, construction, ownership, acquisition, financing, and management of multifamily and mixed-use communities. With roots dating back to the 1980s, our client owns, develops, and manages communities (owned and third party) with a national portfolio of over 28,000 apartment homes and 750,000 square feet of retail space in high-growth markets including Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Dallas, Denver, Houston, South Florida, Southern California, and metropolitan Washington, D.C. The company has a robust development pipeline in place and is expanding into new high-growth markets. The company develops institutional quality assets throughout all cycles and is an organization which is focused on providing remarkable experiences to its residents and associates as well as exceptional performance for its investors. Sustainability, wellness, integrity, and good citizenship all drive a collaborative and caring culture.
We have an opportunity for a well-rounded, experienced Senior Asset Manager whose current or prior responsibilities have included direct management of a portfolio of equity investments in multifamily assets. Prior experience working in an equity investment/acquisition capacity or role is preferred. This position is based in either Dallas, TX or Atlanta, GA.
The Senior Asset Manager will be surrounded by a highly accomplished team working toward common goals focused on providing top quality housing and exceptional service for residents and profit maximization for investors.
The role works closely with the operations, facilities and investments groups, relying heavily on trust, strong personal relationships and consistently providing accurate and reliable information through sound processes and procedures. The asset management team is charged with representing the owner’s best interest in managing the on-going financial performance and physical well-being of the portfolio. The role requires thought leadership as well as strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills in order to develop relationships and execute on property-level investment strategies.
The Senior Asset Manager will be relied upon to provide market/submarket insight and responsible for evaluating property performance, and developing, communicating and executing property-level investment plans and strategies.
- Demonstrate full command of all aspects of the asset ranging from physical and operational.
- Fully evaluate and communicate market positioning for each asset and overall market performance expectations.
- Develop business strategies for each asset; communicate and oversee strategy implementation.
- Participate in the preparation, review and communication of the quarterly forecasting process and variance review; evaluate results to determine appropriate adjustments to business strategy.
- Review and propose strategic plans for capital expenditures.
- Monitor and reforecast capital expenditure plans through completion, adjusting strategy as needed.
- Manage joint venture relationships at the asset level.
- Participate in the acquisition/development process: discuss regional/sub-market research and approve underwritten financial assumptions.
- Interface with senior management, lenders, appraisers, brokers and third parties as needed regarding asset and/or market performance.
Education: BS/BA is required.
- Strong analytical skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills; ability to present strategy, recommendations and decisions in a well-reasoned, well documented manner
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Team Building – ability to develop good working relationships with others, including peers, property level personnel and internal/external clients
- Strong negotiation skills
- Time management/organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize work assignments to consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and across functions
- Self-motivated; exhibits initiative; resourceful