Senior Associate – Acquisitions
New York, NY
Our client is a real estate investment, operating and development company. Its real estate projects include the ownership, development and management of Class A office, multi-family residential condominiums and rentals, and industrial properties. The company’s headquarters is in New York, NY.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Unique opportunity in senior associate-level position in real estate acquisitions and dispositions. The candidate will be exposed to, and involved in, the company’s unique deal sourcing and transaction process (office properties), with the goal of achieving a more independent and crucial role along with his/her progression within the firm. Given the firm’s entrepreneurial culture, the candidate will work directly with senior executives and take a fundamental role in driving the firm’s day-to-day and future success.
The candidate’s primary responsibilities will be to work with the CEO and CFO on property acquisition and disposition projects, and will include the following:
- Model acquisition opportunities using Argus;
- Research market assumptions, establishing relationships with / calling local brokers and using various research software;
- Help identify best business plan for individual assets;
- Model joint venture cash flow and waterfall models.
- Facilitate and complete multiple due diligence tasks for new acquisitions including:
- Help audit financial records and prepare budgets/forecasts;
- Facilitate and analyze third party property reports;
- Draft Investment Memoranda;
- Provide due diligence materials to and respond to all questions from lenders and partners.
- Research and identify potential acquisition opportunities;
- Identify strengths, weaknesses, value creation opportunities, and risks in potential deals;
- Develop relationships with brokers and other intermediaries;
- Develop database of properties, owners, brokers.
- Maintain Argus throughout ownership (leasing, OpEx, etc. updates).
- Assist Director of Asset Management with lease analyses, cost / benefit analyses, tenant- credit analyses, and various asset management functions.
QUALIFICATIONS: Candidate must possess the following skill set and background:
- Proven history of real estate financial analysis;
- Minimum of 3-7 years direct/relevant experience in real estate acquisitions;
- Bachelor’s degree is required / Master’s is preferred;
- Direct experience in the due diligence process;
- Extensive experience with ARGUS and Excel.