Senior Development Director
Our client is a global real estate investment firm with offices throughout the U.S. and internationally. The firm was founded nearly 20 years ago, and today manages over $4B in assets across a wide range of real estate sectors including industrial/logistics, multifamily, single family, office, and hospitality. They have invested in over 270 assets in over 50 markets.
Our client is seeking a Senior Development Director to support its growing Logistics business. This position will ultimately be responsible for land entitlement, development, construction, and tenant improvement. With a minimum of 15 years of industrial warehouse development and construction experience, candidates must demonstrate a combination of academic aptitude, analytical and quantitative skills, personal motivation, and distinguished written and oral communication skills. The position will report to the Managing Director – Industrial/Logistics based in Texas.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with architects, engineers, contractors, city/county staff and clients in various markets.
- Assist in coordinating all site entitlement and development due diligence including environmental site assessments, hydrology, boundary surveys, easements, geotechnical evaluations, public and franchise utility availability, fire prevention analysis, site access, platting, permitting, zoning, etc.
- Prepare preliminary development budgets for proposed land, building and tenant improvement cost and coordinate proforma inputs with Acquisitions team.
- Assist in establishing site plans and floor plans, proposed specifications, construction budgets, and schedules.
- Review development and construction documents for accuracy and potential value engineering.
- Identify and solve potential entitlement, design, and construction issues.
- Review or draft contracts for consultants, engineers, architects, and general contractors.
- Efficiently manage construction team including internal project managers, contractors, design professionals, consultants, and vendors to ensure budget, schedule, and quality are on target.
- Compile all O&M manuals, record drawings, and warranties for each construction project for turnover to Property Management.
- Assist as required in preparing physical due diligence reports, replacement cost budgets, and capital improvement budgets needed for pursuit of acquisition properties.
- Provide TI budgets, specifications and schedules for all lease proposals and make-ready projects.
- Complete all required TI construction consistent with the agreed to specifications and timeline.
- Assist in preparing exhibits for investment memorandums that communicate conclusions and investment risk in a narrative presentation to senior management.
- Assist the team in the disposition of properties.
- All projects deemed necessary by management.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Minimum 15 years of experience in engineering, commercial construction or development of industrial warehouse assets.
- Proficiency in Word, MS Project, ACAD Viewer, Google Earth, Adobe Acrobat, BlueBeam Revu and Excel
- A thorough understanding of the entitlement, development, and construction process.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills including in a public forum.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize and execute multiple projects in varying stages.
- Proactively solves problems and perform well under pressure.
- A high regard for confidentiality for company information.
- Travel as needed.