Senior Property Manager / Property Manager
Pittsburgh, PA / Cleveland, OH or Charlotte, NC
Our client is a full-service, privately held developer, owner and operator of grocery-anchored retail real estate. As one of the leading retail developers in the U.S., they are highly focused on the ever-evolving, necessity-based marketplace, prioritizing properties that are an integral part of everyday life, anchored by the stability of grocery and enhanced by a strong tenant mix. Our client is fluent in all aspects of retail real estate, including acquisitions, development, leasing, and property management. They have successfully developed grocery-anchored shopping centers, neighborhood shopping centers and regional shopping centers ranging in size from 100,000 SF to over 1,200,000 SF.
The Senior Property Manager/ Property Manager is responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the property, while maintaining superior tenant relations to meet our clients best-in-class standards. The role will involve the management of anywhere from five to eight properties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Models the client’s core values and exhibits exemplary leadership.
- Establish and maintain superior relationships with tenants in accordance with clients “best in class” standards.
- Prepare and monitor service contracts with vendors and sub-contractors for assigned properties consistent with business plan.
- Budget and manage operating expenses for assigned properties.
- Prepare quarterly variance reporting and financial performance of the property.
- Establish scope of work, acquire bids, assign, and monitor all non-recurring maintenance and repair in accordance with CAM budgeted expenses.
- Code and approve all CAM and CAPX invoices for proper processing and accounting allocation.
- Exercises independent decision making within ascribed authorities.
- Facilitate the delivery of leased space to tenants in collaboration with the Tenant Coordination Department, assuring that all lease obligations are met.
- Maintain and/or improve cleanliness, “curb-appeal”, and routine maintenance at assigned properties.
- Update all relevant parties of any changes in tenant status.
- Understands allocation of expenses to the tenants per the terms of their specific lease and how it will impact CAM.
- Identify, implement, generate and monitor “additional, incremental revenue opportunities: at assigned properties.
- Conducts thorough building structure, parking lot and roof inspections monthly while meeting all life, safety and legal requirements.
- Working knowledge of all applicable codes and regulations.
- Performance of these duties will require the property manager to interact daily with all the other departments at company.
- High School diploma or GED required. Four-year college degree in Business or Finance preferred. Minimum of 5 -7 years commercial real estate property management experience required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Must be analytical and detail oriented.
- Budgeting and basic accounting knowledge required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills required.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of MRI accounting software preferred.
- Priority setting, decisiveness, organization, and time-management skills.
- Confidence and energy.
- Self-directed with superior interpersonal skills. Experience managing direct reports required.