Senior Vice President – Commercial Real Estate
Our client is one of the largest family owned developers and owners of retail, office, industrial, residential, and hospitality properties in the Carolinas. Its fully integrated business platform built over 66+ years includes a dedicated, experienced team of design, construction, facilities, property management, and leasing professionals focused solely on company owned properties. With an asset base in excess of $500M generating cash flow for internal use, the company’s stability and financial strength undergird its long-term perspective.
The SVP of Commercial Real Estate will be based in the corporate headquarters in Greensboro, North Carolina and report directly to the President. Along with other key executives, the SVP of Commercial Real Estate will play a critical leadership role for our client. The candidate’s primary responsibility will be to dynamically lead and direct the leasing, marketing, property management, acquisitions/dispositions, and operations functions of the currently 2+ million square feet of owned retail, office, and industrial properties to drive outstanding financial results that meet the vision and goals of the organization.
- Overall accountability for leasing, marketing, property management, acquisitions/dispositions, and operations of the retail, office and industrial portfolio.
- Develop and execute innovative strategies to drive stronger results by enhancing the leasing, marketing, and management efforts to improve the customer experience and exceed the goals of the company.
- Be a key member of the development team together with the President, CFO, and VP of Construction and Facilities.
- Work collaboratively with division and corporate leaders to achieve corporate objectives.
- Attract, develop, manage and retain an exceptional team and set performance standards and goals for each member of the team.
- Be actively involved in the local community and industry organizations, representing the company with the highest level of professionalism.
- Cultivate and foster outstanding relationships throughout the brokerage and economic development communities in North Carolina.
- Build upon the company’s solid reputation built over the last 66+ years and carry it forward with integrity and the highest ethical standards.
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Significant years of experience in the commercial real estate industry.
- High level leasing transaction experience, preferably in multiple product types.
- Track record of hands-on, transformative team leadership experience is required.
- Experience with a variety of asset types is preferred.
- Creative and innovative problem solver and proven strategic thinker with a keen understanding of value creation.
- Working knowledge of investment principles, project pro-formas and basic financial calculations and metrics.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully managing existing properties and enhancing the overall/financial performance of same.
- Results driven with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the desire to and knack for connecting with diverse audiences.
- Well-composed and articulate with excellent presentation skills.
- High integrity and a strong, hands-on work ethic are critical.
- Bachelor’s degree is required and an advanced degree in real estate, finance, law or another relevant field is preferred.
- N.C. Broker’s license and relevant industry designations are preferred.