Senior Vice President, Investment Research
New York, NY
Our client is a leading U.S. real estate investment manager headquartered in New York with a presence in major markets across the United States, as well as internationally. The organization is built on a broad network of real estate professionals who bring knowledge of local markets to every investment decision. They invest in high quality properties, typically from the five key property types: office, retail, industrial, multifamily residential and hotel. They have a broad range of real estate strategies across the risk/return spectrum: core, core-plus, value-add and opportunistic. They provide investors with long-term real estate solutions to support their investment objectives, always mindful of their obligations of accountability, transparency and trust. With close to 300 employees and over $43 B in total AUM, this SEC registered investment advisor has a distinguished 35-year history managing investments.
- 300+ institutional investors both domestic and international
- Investment options in both fund and separate account formats
- Expertise in equity and debt structures
- Monitor economic indicators, employment growth, and demographic trends. Use econometric models to analyze real estate market fundamentals and capital market data and forecast future trends.
- Identify key investment themes in core and alternative property sectors and geographic regions that drive the firm’s investment strategies.
- Design, draft, and publish quarterly market reports, strategy research, white papers, and external industry publications.
- Prepare House View and sector research presentations and assist client reporting and marketing.
- Supervise and direct Research Analyst(s), as appropriate.
- Participate in industry conferences and visit target markets when needed.
- An advanced degree from a leading university in economics, real estate, urban planning, or related field is required.
- Minimum of 15 years of research experience from real estate investment management and/or investment banking public REIT research coverage.
- Superior writing skills with track record of real estate research publications.
- Excellent presentation and verbal communication skills. Able to communicate complex technical analysis and concepts to clients in a concise and persuasive manner.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, organizational, and project management skills. Proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Effective interpersonal skills. Must be able to work as part of an investment management team that includes the disciplines of acquisitions, research, asset management, and client capital management.