Senior Vice President, Investments
Our client operates as a real estate investment company. The company finances, invests in, and develops real estate and real estate related projects, as well as provides corporate net lease financing services, serving customers worldwide.
The Senior Vice President (SVP) is a key member of the investment team originating new ground lease investments, marketing the firm’s capabilities and leading the Washington DC region for the firm. The SVP will possess outstanding ability to structure transactions, develop and foster relationships, articulate the firm’s capabilities concisely to the market. The successful candidate will also have an unrelenting passion for results, as well as an entrepreneurial spirit – both of which are critical for success during this exciting time in their history. The Senior Vice President will play a critical role in driving ground lease originations as well as the continued success and growth of the client. This individual will contribute to the development, implementation and ongoing management of ground lease origination strategy in order to drive exponential growth over the next 2-5 years.
- Originate new ground lease investments in DC region
- Build relationships with clients in your region – be a thought leader of your market
- Communicate with team members and peers to coordinate business development and support overall firm goals
- Effective and timely communication with the Head of Investments
- Assess the risk/return dynamics of real estate investment opportunities
- Be a culture carrier and embody the Companies’ values: Drive, Quality, Collaboration & Courage
KEY EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- 10+ years’ experience of real estate investment experience including equity and/or debt originations
- Proven track record of deal generation, network development and pipeline management.
- Self-motivated and possesses the self-confidence to articulate and defend recommendations and question those of others
- Outstanding problem solving and creative skills with the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
- Presentation and Interpersonal Skills: Ability to simplify and succinctly articulate transactions to senior management/investment committee. Ability to summarize and simplify complex accounting/financial concepts internally/externally.
- Developer of talent at all levels, especially junior-level talent with a focus on growth
- Strong performance manager, ability to hold team members accountable, expert conflict resolution and trust-building skillset
- Intellectual curiosity, professional courage and desire to engage at all levels in the company
- Demonstrated depth of leadership – ability to motivate and drive for results across the organization
- Undergraduate degree in business, finance or accounting; a CPA or MBA preferred.