Senior Vice President, Leasing
Our client is a privately held, institutional fund manager, and operating partner focused on office and mixed-use repositioning and development in the major markets throughout the Mid-Atlantic. Since their inception, the company has acquired 16 million square feet with a value of $3.6B. Today the company manages approximately 9 million square feet and the current value of their owned assets is approximately $2B.
The company strives to bring a sense of place to each asset making its properties more desirable to their clients, and in turn, creating enhanced returns for its investors. It delivers inspired environments and experiences to create places where people prosper.
The Senior Vice President, Leasing is a forward-thinking and strategic leader who will initiate and execute a full scope of leasing functions that generate revenue and increase the portfolio and brand. This position will report to the Executive Managing Director of Leasing.
Working in collaboration with Acquisitions, Construction, Property Management and Leasing colleagues, the Senior Vice President, Leasing will focus on four strategic areas: Productivity, Customer Experience, Financial Performance and Investor Satisfaction.
Leveraging expertise across the organization, the Senior Vice President, Leasing works to assure that the firm is capable of meeting both its short-term goals and its long-term vision.
Essential Duties and Tactical Responsibilities Include:
- Prospecting for and negotiating with local, regional, and national tenants both directly and through brokerage houses
- Building and maintaining strong relationships and clear communication with both external partners (investors and brokerage houses) and internal partners (Acquisitions, Construction, Finance and Property Management departments)
- Responsible for overseeing third-party brokers
- Developing a client base that generates a qualified and sustainable number of referrals
- Interfacing with clients and prospects to successfully define the parameters, lease terms, and limitations surrounding lease, listing, and related agreements
- Conducting presentations and tours of property space with prospects and clients
- Developing a strong understanding of each property’s unique experiences, demographics, and amenities in the leasing process.
- Having familiarity with leasing documents and the ability to draft lease negotiation documents such as Letters of Intent (LOI’s) and other correspondence in an efficient, professional, and timely manner
- Engaging in industry associations, functions, and events to build the brand
- Compiling, updating, and maintaining a database of marketing contact history
- Actively researching and staying current with trends in the commercial real estate market and then sharing those findings and strategies with leadership
- Identifying opportunities for work efficiency improvement and recommending innovative solutions
- Performing other duties as assigned
Company Value Indicators:
- INTENTIONAL: Able to build deep relationships by partnering with stakeholders
- INTUITIVE: Ability to anticipate any barriers that may affect customer or broker conflict or stress
- CRAFTED: Able to focus on elevating the customer and broker experience
- RESPONSIVE: Ability to listen, set clear expectations, and engage in crucial conversations on an internal and external level
- RELIABLE: Able to consistently communicate goals and progress with team
- IMPACT-DRIVEN: Regularly review department goals and provide innovative improvements
- SINCERE: Able to work collaboratively with others through trust and transparency
- Significant relevant commercial real estate leasing experience
- Proven record of building strong relationships in the broker community
- Ability to work autonomously and as a part of a team
- Interest and experience leveraging technology
- Dynamic presentation skills
- Proactive, entrepreneurial mindset with a solid business background
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with all departments and stakeholders
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment