Senior Vice President, Portfolio Management
Raleigh, NC, Washington, DC, Atlanta, GA, or Dallas, TX
Our client is a leading multifamily investment firm with a nationwide footprint that has been in business for over 40 years. It currently has approximately $7 billion of assets under management totaling over 70,000 units and operates in 15 target markets with ten regional offices and support businesses including investment management, property management, construction management, and other support services.
To date, our client has grown to become one of the largest and most experienced multifamily investment platforms in the country. Since its fund platform was created, they have raised seven vehicles with total equity commitments of over $3 billion on behalf of global institutional and high net worth investors. These funds have resulted in our client being ranked as one of the most consistent top-performing real estate private equity firms globally. The company has a strong track record of over $17 billion in apartment transactions over the past 20 years.
The Senior Vice President, Portfolio Management will be responsible for overseeing the asset management team driving the multifamily portfolio to achieve and exceed targeted investment outcomes as well as interfacing with investors and managing separately managed accounts and/or direct ventures.
Within this umbrella of responsibilities, the SVP, Portfolio Management will guide teams responsible for business plan formation and execution of renovations and repositionings, property transitions, special situations, property performance reporting, and property tax administration. In addition, the successful candidate will communicate with limited partners across various investment strategies to structure, deploy, and grow investment programs.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Senior Vice President, Portfolio Management is responsible for the leadership and administration of the Portfolio Management group to ensure that the group is productively executing on its corporate functions as enumerated above, which includes planning and aligning resources, developing team members, and adjusting organizational design as business conditions, needs, and capabilities change (all of which points to ultimately driving results at the asset level).
- Responsible for working across the company to improve systems, processes, and procedures as business needs evolve.
- Portfolio review calls
- ESG initiatives (in partnership with other associates)
- Renovation strategy and design
- Acquisition/pursuit coordination
- Creation and use of company tools, dashboards, and KPIs
- The successful candidate is expected to be a strong communicator with institutional investors with particular emphasis on various funds and separately managed accounts.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES:
- Deep experience with portfolio and/or asset management in a leadership capacity
- Thorough familiarity with institutional investment processes and its various participants
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management / task prioritization capabilities
- Precise attention to detail that is thoughtfully applied to content and deliverables
- Attentive business judgement to review materials and communicate in balanced and compelling way
- Interpersonal savvy and ability to interact with clients at a senior level
- Leader who can guide teams and develop associates
EDUCATION – EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field and significant relevant real estate experience
- Strong working knowledge of multi-family investment experience
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite to include Excel
- Decision Quality: Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Instills Trust: Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- Business Insight: Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals
- Strategic Mindsight: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them to breakthrough strategies
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals
- Nimble Learning: Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder
- Plans and Aligns: Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals