Senior Vice President
Our client is a well-established, privately-owned REIT based in South Carolina. Over the last century, they have acquired experience in a multitude of industries including hospitality, golf, master-planned development, tourism attractions, commercial leasing and shopping center development. Their carefully developed strategic plan places a high priority on owning and managing a best-in-class portfolio of experiential retail properties in selected markets throughout the Southeast.
The Senior Vice President will lead the team responsible for the entire commercial real estate business, including all leasing, development, acquisitions, and property management functions of a portfolio that includes both single and multi-tenant retail and office properties. The team consists of 15 employees, 5 of which are direct reports to this person.
- Strategic planning
- Develop commercial business unit’s strategic plan and contribute significantly to the company’s strategic planning process.
- Deal sourcing and execution
- This includes working side by side with the team on acquisition opportunities in addition to development and leasing deals. This person will oversee the team doing the underwriting and execution and ultimately be responsible for every deal. This person will need to have a track record of cradle to grave execution, including total responsibility for purchase and sale agreements, leases, operating and construction contracts.
- Team management skills
- Responsible for managing team members including establishing goals, incentive plans, etc.
- Financial acumen
- Ability to underwrite real estate transactions and evaluate various business models.
- Communication skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills. This person will be responsible for presenting business unit results at quarterly board meetings, regular presentations to shareholders, investors, brokers, and tenants. They will also write and present investment briefs to the Board of Directors, etc.