Senior Vice President, Marketing & Operations
Washington, DC Metro
Our client is a privately held, fully integrated real estate development and investment company based in the Metro DC area. The company was established four generations ago and has a focus on creating high quality mixed-use projects which are rich in detail and originality.
A vertically-integrated company with internal development, construction and property management, they are involved in every facet of the community-building process. From the initial site selection down to the quality finishing touches of each residence and building, they consider each detail to be paramount. The company developed over 13,000 homes and apartments in the Mid-Atlantic region and completed over $4 billion in real estate transactions.
The Senior Vice President, Marketing and Operations is a hands-on position that will assume leadership and responsibility for, and direct and implement all marketing and property operations. The individual will drive strategy and ensure daily project oversight and management of a team. The ideal candidate is a professional with cutting edge marketing and project management skills who can thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Responsible for the creation and execution of integrated campaigns and building relationships with appropriate teams to support business needs.
- Build and improve processes, procedures and formats by collaborating with various business partners and end-users.
- Ensure deliverables are consistent with overall company positioning, branding and standards.
- Manage and maintain organization and individual property budgets.
- Direct and lead team members to establish and achieve department objectives.
- Oversee all work, establishing appropriate prioritization of projects, production and operations.
- Manage and allocate team resources and personnel. Develop quality control measures and ensure consistent, timely delivery of products and services.
- Strategically expand brand presence.
- Manage corporate and property websites and social media channels with team.
- Manage, track, report and present program budgets by channels including campaign costs, performance and ROI through the demand generation lifecycle.
- Lead the development and implementation of custom marketing programs and budgets.
- Translate marketing metrics’ performance into actionable strategic recommendations.
- Manage the production of a variety of print and electronic marketing initiatives and deliverables for assignments, working with in-house team members and outside creative consultants.
- Responsible for all proposals, RFPs, new business materials and writing content.
- Handle all marketing related vendor contract negotiations.
- Develop and implement both internal and external communication strategies.
- Maintain existing partner relationships while cultivating new ones that strategically enhance the firm’s position in the industry.
- Manage simultaneous projects including conception, design and execution with various vendors.
- Customize materials across the entire portfolio.
KEY ATTRIBUTES/ EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience in marketing and operations roles.
- Minimum of 10 years multifamily luxury rental experience, with substantial time spent working for an owner/developer on ground-up development projects. Must also have recent and significant experience working on high-rise multifamily luxury rental product.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills; strong team player.
- Strategic thinker with an excellent sense of cutting edge marketing trends/design.
- Excellent executive and project management skills.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, lead, and/or manage multiple assignments simultaneously in a highly effective and creative way.
- Ability to successfully interact and work with senior management colleagues.
- High degree of self-confidence; self-motivated, high need achiever.
- Hands-on, proactive.
- Ability to think outside the box.
- Well presented with strong networking and marketing skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Be able to take initiative, work independently, and make decisions within the parameters of the position.
- Solid understanding of internet and social media marketing concepts for the multifamily industry.
- Knowledge of and experience with running effective marketing analytics.
- Creative problem solver regarding marketing and metric/operational issues.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Suite.
- Bachelor’s degree in Advertising, Communications, Marketing or a related field is preferred.