Los Angeles, Houston, Dallas or Phoenix
Our client is a national leader in the development, construction, and acquisition of institutional grade multifamily communities with a focus on rental and for-sale along with an active fee management service. The company was founded over three decades ago and has been involved in the development of more than 70,000 homes with a combined value of more than $14B. Our client operates over a dozen regional offices across the US, is a well-respected operator of their own properties and an organization with outstanding institutional investment partners.
This position reports directly to the Managing Director of Operations and will be based out of Southern California, Houston, Dallas or Phoenix. This person will be responsible for the current portfolio of about 26 assets and 12 development assets totaling approximately 8,000 units in the Western/Central half of the United States and will oversee two (2) Regional Vice Presidents and four (4) Regional Managers. A college degree is preferred.
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALITIES: The ideal candidate should have ten (10) years or more experience in multifamily property operations in a leadership role as an SVP, VP or Regional Manager. This individual shall have extensive lease-up, team building, marketing and client relationship skills, excellent presentation skills and able to communicate effectively with Sr. Exec’s and JV partners, be a collaborative team leader, forward thinker, strategic decision maker and maintain strong institutional relationships. To fit in with the culture and highly regarded reputation of the company, this person will ensure outstanding customer service and exhibit a desire to continually improve, nurturing and cultivating a current team that are already considered excellent leaders. Working in a highly collaborative and collegial environment with no barriers, this person will be able to make a mark for themselves.
COMPANY CULTURE: Our client values their employees, building value for their clients and investors by empowering associates to act as their own owner-operators to achieve maximum ROI. As a flat organizational structure, they can be nimble and efficient, leading to enhanced decision making and quick problem resolution. They have a tremendous reputation in the industry for quality and a portfolio of highly-amenitized Class-A properties in up-and-coming neighborhoods and core areas. Our client continually looks for ways to give back to the communities in which they operate. In a relatively short period of time, they have become one of the most active and progressive investment firms in the nation owed to a strong foundation of leadership.
- Direct and supervise the management of multifamily communities in the Western/Central half of the United States.
- Responsible for the financial performance of the assets under supervision.
- Responsible for communication with joint venture partners, third-party clients, and asset management.
- Responsible for communication with development partners.
- Responsible for the budget process and ongoing financial analysis on all assets managed.
- Responsible for the successful lease-up of new development assets.
- Responsible for the coordinating the lease-up plan on new developments.
- Responsible for the leadership and supervision of two Regional Vice Presidents and four Regional Managers.
- Train and develop direct reports
- Enforce company policies and procedures
- Cultivate organization culture
- Enforce operating expectations
- Work effectively with peers and departments.
- Human resources
- Owners and Property Services
- Asset Management
- Assist in procuring third-party business.
- Responsible for hiring and terminating employees in region managed.