Our client is a full-service, privately held developer, owner and operator of grocery-anchored retail real estate. As one of the leading retail developers in the U.S., they are highly focused on the ever-evolving, necessity-based marketplace. Our client is fluent in all aspects of retail real estate, including acquisitions, development, leasing, and property management. They have successfully developed grocery-anchored shopping centers, neighborhood shopping centers and regional shopping centers ranging in size from 100,000 SF to over 1,200,000 SF. Based in Pittsburgh, PA, the company has been named one of the Best Places to Work for the ninth consecutive year.
Responsible for managing the entire process of tenant buildouts by coordinating between in-house construction, property management, and engineering departments including tenants, their leases, and municipalities.
ATTRIBUTES FOR THIS POSITION: This person will be based in Pittsburgh, PA, temporarily working remotely through the COVID climate. The ideal candidate will be well spoken, a good communicator with solid writing skills, detail-oriented, personable but able to hold their own at the same time, a collaborative team player, and capable of working independently as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Models our client’s core values and exhibits exemplary leadership.
- Partners with engineering department with computer aided design (CAD)
- Responsible for reviewing letters of intent, architectural and engineering documents, cost estimations of required work, timing and coordination for timely turnover of keys, utilities, and tenant build-out construction.
- Responsible for architectural and engineering pre-design floor plans, elevations, and construction documents.
- Distributes architectural and engineering documents to municipal authorities for permitting.
- Maintains tenant and landlord communications in all aspects of construction.
- Interfaces between landlord and tenants on document and plan revisions, timing, turn-over dates, and punch list issues.
- Monitors tenant’s contractor and construction process including insurance, building permits, schedules, reporting, and certificate of occupancy.
- Responsible for pylon sign designs, insets, maintaining record for construction allowance payments and approving Tenant Allowance payments and assistance in acquiring necessary permits.
- Highly proficient in CAD software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe development software
- Oral and written communication
- Time management skills
- Ability to multitask