Vice President, Acquisitions
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Our client is a forward-thinking real estate development and investment management firm focused on addressing the evolving logistics real estate needs across Florida and the Eastern United States. With a team of seasoned industry executives, the company specializes in developing state-of-the-art logistics facilities in strategically located areas characterized by population growth, rapid e-commerce adoption, and supply constraints.
The VP, Acquisitions, will help source acquisitions, redevelopment, and development opportunities within the Eastern United States with a focus on Florida, Charlotte and New York/New Jersey markets.
Key responsibilities include:
- Drive deal flow by identifying acquisition and development opportunities which could include green-field land acquisition and development, value-add redevelopments, portfolio and single asset acquisitions of industrial buildings.
- Develop key longstanding relationships with third parties including brokers, architects, contractors, and engineers.
- Identify, anticipate, communicate and capitalize on market trends to bring industry leading returns to the company.
- Lead preparation of investment memos and other presentations for senior management and Investment Committee.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics or industry related fields such as civil engineering and/or construction management.
- 5+ years’ experience in the Real Estate industry with a focus on acquisitions, development and/or private equity to effectively present information to senior management, executives and other key stakeholders.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, interpret and create real estate documents including, but not limited to LOIs, RFPs, property offering memorandums, market reports and tenant leases.
- Strong knowledge of financial concepts such as net present values, internal rates of return, cap rates, etc.
- Create or modify cash flow models using Argus and Microsoft Excel.
- Other software knowledge to include Microsoft Word, Outlook, Internet Explorer, Google Earth, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while still meeting deadlines.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
- 25% domestic travel.