Vice President, Asset Management
Our client is a global, best-in-class commercial real estate operating and development company with industry-leading capabilities in support of its real estate investment strategies.
Their vertically integrated operating abilities provide real estate management services for premier property assets across the office, multifamily, retail and hospitality sectors. This unique expertise ensures industry-leading operating results and investment outcomes. It also gives their tenants, business partners, and other stakeholders assurance that their properties are serviced to the highest level of quality, innovation, and professionalism.
The candidate will be a key member of the team that works to maximize property performance, increase value, ensure organizational effectiveness, implement high operational standards, and apply our client’s commitment to outstanding service. Above all else, the person will play a key role in strategy setting by taking a strategic approach to leasing and asset management.
- Responsible for the investment performance, reporting, and strategic direction for a portfolio of office assets, primarily with core, core-plus and value–add strategies. The assets are located in Washington DC, Arlington County, Fairfax County, and Montgomery County.
- Manage a team of associates and analysts in the asset management group.
- Develop and manage the implementation of asset strategies and operational initiatives aimed at maximizing values in the portfolio.
- Actively collaborate with in-house and third-party leasing teams to execute leasing strategy, including analyzing the impact of various leases on asset performance.
- Analyze and report on performance, budget variances, and significant changes in market and property conditions.
- Oversee the preparation of property business plans including leasing, operating and capital budgets.
- Analyze and monitor capital improvement and renovation programs as required for property maintenance, competitive positioning, or value enhancement.
- Coordinate the preparation and presentation of reporting requirements to a variety of stakeholders including co-owners, corporate office, and external parties.
- Work with the finance team on refinancing and restructuring strategies.
- Work with the acquisitions and dispositions team on underwriting and dispositions.
Technical Skills and Other
- Significant real estate asset management experience with an owner.
- Prior experience working with investments managed through operating partners.
- Strong valuation, due diligence, and real estate financial analysis skills.
- In-depth understanding of property operations and leasing.
- Market analysis skills to support decisions concerning rent rates, capital improvement programs, leasing strategies, and property repositioning.
- Ability to operate with an owner’s perspective.
- Independent and creative thinker who is solutions oriented .
- Well organized, good administrative skills, attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral presentation skills.