Vice President, Development
Our client is a privately held, national commercial real estate development, investment, and advisory firm. They specialize in the development of speculative and single-tenant build-to-suit facilities, the creation of mixed-use and multifamily communities, and the acquisition of institutional-grade real estate in key markets.
Collaborate with Business Development Personnel to pursue new business development opportunities. Act as the effective leader (Project Executive) of new Project opportunities leading all phases of new developments. Assist in creating and implementing development proformas and financial analyses that will accurately reflect project feasibility, construction financing and the status of all assigned projects and to effectively communicate same to partners. Provide support to new business development in a manner that allows us to maximize new business opportunities in a profitable and productive manner.
- Lead the coordination of development proposals for potential future projects and BTS pursuits. Assist in new client business presentations where needed.
- Lead the development and delivery of projects with goals of maximizing profits, mitigating risk, and building successful vendor and client relationships by serving in a general overall development capacity with responsibilities centered on the entitlement, due diligence, and underwriting processes for projects and in risk mitigation. This includes full responsibility for delivering projects on time, on budget AND to the complete satisfaction of our partners and our clients.
- Without compromising the integrity and quality of the organization, day-to-day focus shall be on profitability and risk mitigation of our projects.
- Assist in coordination and project reporting to banks and capital partners.
- Where requested, assist the career development of less experienced Development and Construction personnel through coaching and mentoring.
- Work with other departments to develop and maintain key corporate reporting and positive communication.
- Participate as required in corporate leadership events.
- Assist in support of General Office Functions
- Quality First Organization: You will assist and lead Company’s cultural and philosophical initiatives and mission statement to be a Quality First Organization.
Additionally, you will lead (or team up with and assist our construction/delivery group on) the following items:
- Preconstruction efforts associated with the pursuit of new business opportunities.
- Scoping, hiring and contracting with General Contractor (GC) partners for the successful delivery of our Development Projects.
- Establish regular meetings for monitoring GC Schedule and Cost Control and reporting on same.
- Manage the GC Submittal Process and Coordinate Necessary Client Approvals of Submittals ensuring Quality Control of our Product.
- Manage GC Draw Process for Pay Application Approvals and Confirmation of appropriate back-up documentation. Coordinate with our lending partners to address their questions / concerns through this process.
- Provide weekly update reports to our clients regarding the status of our ongoing projects
- Manage our remote project cameras and their content to meet our partners and marketing needs.
- Hire and Manage Geotechnical Testing Agencies and their reporting for our projects to ensure proper Quality Control of our Product.
- Travel as necessary for managing on-time Project Deliveries and Coordinating with Bank Inspectors for Draw Processes.
- Assist in hiring and managing Architects, Engineers and Designers through Build To Suit Design Processes
- Lead the punch list and close out process with our GC to gain timely approvals from our clients related to project completion.