Vice President, Land Acquisitions – Southeast
Our client is a full-service real estate investment and development firm focused on residential properties in path-of-growth and lifestyle markets throughout the Sunbelt and Mountain States. The firm develops for its own account and actively pursues joint venture and co-development opportunities throughout its target geography.
The Vice President, Land Acquisitions-Southeast will provide the leadership, management and vision necessary to identify, research, and acquire land for the development and growth of the company. The VP will be a key driver in pursuing both co-development opportunities with local landowners/ developers who control developed or developable land parcels as well as pursuing direct land purchases. The VP will lead the firm’s expansion efforts with responsibility for North/Central Florida, Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina. This is a tremendous ground floor opportunity with a company that is scaling to grow into a strong regional developer.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Strategic and Functional:
- Identifying, approaching and forming relationships with potential multifamily partners (i.e., developers, landowners, land brokers, etc.) in current and prospective markets.
- Assist in negotiating co-development joint ventures with developer partners to acquire and develop land parcels.
- Identifying, negotiating for and purchasing vacant land for development.
- Overseeing land mapping.
- Interfacing in the due diligence and entitlement process.
- Coordinating public and municipal entitlement land process, as necessary.
Leadership and Talent Development Focused:
- Developing a strong discipline of role clarity and holding oneself accountable for performance.
- Positively representing the firm to outside members of the real estate community with timely communication, high levels of professionalism and a creative approach to opportunities.
- Establishing and maintaining an inclusive and diverse culture that provides a positive team member experience.
- Collaborating seamlessly with all members of the organization.
Qualifications and Skills include:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, real estate, civil engineering or a related field.
- 10+ years general experience in the multifamily/development sector, and a deep familiarity with the key cities throughout the target geography.
- Specific experience in the areas of business development, land and/or property acquisitions and real estate development.
- Self-directed and motivated individual with the ability to work independently with a minimum level of direct supervision.
- Demonstrated ability in building business partnerships and fostering strong relationships with brokers, landowners, vendors, political connections, and potential business partners.
- Strong negotiation and contract skills.
- Knowledge of market trends, pricing and growth/supply.
- Deep network of existing contacts in the multifamily sector, and in the target geography, including landowners, developers, land brokers, builders, and lenders.
To learn more about this position, contact: Natasha Brill | (786) 216-7281 | email@example.com