Vice President of Development
Our client is a forward-thinking real estate development and investment management firm focused on addressing the evolving logistics real estate needs across Florida and the Eastern United States. With a team of seasoned industry executives, the company specializes in developing state-of-the-art logistics facilities in strategically located areas characterized by population growth, rapid e-commerce adoption, and supply constraints.
Our client develops, operates and manages logistics properties that play a crucial role in shaping the future of the industry. As they continue to grow, we are seeking a VP of Development to join the team. The VP will be responsible for sourcing, due diligence, budgeting, permitting, overseeing the entitlement process, and managing every facet of the development cycle. The VP will report to the President with a day-to-day interface with other team members. Experience in predevelopment, construction budgeting and development management is required. The company is actively pursuing new investment opportunities, so the VP will assist the team in qualifying new development projects. The VP is expected to have market knowledge and a strong base of relationships throughout Florida.
Essential Job Functions:
- Building Relationships: Build and maintain strong relationships with architects and contractors, effectively sourcing construction.
- Team Leadership: Lead a team of consultants and contractors to achieve regional capital deployment goals and objectives.
- Cost and Timeline Management: Manage costs and timelines for development projects, tenant improvement jobs, and capital expenditure projects as necessary.
- Site Planning: Lead and manage the establishment of site plans that deliver best-in-class products, aligning with market demands and our brand standards.
- Due Diligence: Lead and participate in due diligence investigations for new investment opportunities, including coordination with third parties.
- Entitlement and Due Diligence: Coordinate all site entitlement and building due diligence processes, such as environmental site assessments, hydrology, boundary surveys, easements, geotechnical evaluations, platting, permitting, etc.
- Budgeting: Assist in preparing physical due diligence reports, replacement cost budgets, and capital improvements budgets for acquisition properties.
- Meeting Facilitation: Establish, plan, and chair regularly scheduled development meetings to communicate company expectations and oversee timely milestone completion.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree (a degree in engineering, accounting, finance, or real estate preferred).
- Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in predevelopment, construction budgeting, development management, and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel (advanced level), Project, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Previous real estate finance-related experience is strongly desired.
- Proven track record in design, engineering, and construction.
- Thorough knowledge of the construction and development processes.
- Knowledge of the market and a strong base of relationships throughout Florida.
- The experience and gravitas to manage internal and external resources, consultants, and contractors.
- Proficiency in oral and written communication, with the ability to craft and present detailed work product.
- Intelligent and forward-thinking, with a focus on efficiency and effectiveness.
- A positive, “can-do” attitude, coupled with a collaborative nature.
- Highly organized, patient, and strategically oriented, with the ability to defend positions in a well-reasoned, articulate fashion.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty, with the ability to adapt nimbly and navigate complex situations.
- Travel to other areas of Florida and out of state will be required, sometimes necessitating multiple-night stays.
- Proficiency in using general office equipment, including computers, calculators, copy machines, and fax machines, is essential for this role.
Executing for Results:
- The Vice President of Development must set clear and challenging goals while committing to improved performance, remaining tenacious and accountable in driving results. This role should thrive in an environment characterized by ambiguity and uncertainty, demonstrating adaptability in navigating complex situations.