Vice President of Leasing and Development in South Florida
Our client is one of the largest commercial real estate companies in the United States with 112.9M SF of office and industrial properties in 19 cities; nationwide construction capabilities; 6,500 acres of land to support 94M SF of development; 1,200 associates providing site selection, development, financing, construction, leasing and property management services.
We are conducting a search for a Vice President of Leasing and Development in South Florida for the above-mentioned client. Below is a summary. Please let me know your thoughts.
The VP will be responsible for growing the region by acquiring land to develop new industrial facilities, leading the development and construction process and leasing the property once completed. The company already has over a 6M SF industrial portfolio in the region, with a significant amount of land holdings ready to develop.
This is a great opportunity to join a widely recognized and well capitalized firm. This role offers tremendous growth potential, as this person could eventually take over for the SVP of the region.
In addition, they provide great resources, comprehensive benefits, competitive salary and an attractive bonus potential, including long-term compensation.
Candidates must be attracted to a fast-paced environment where responsiveness and customer service are highly valued. A predisposition towards teamwork and personal responsibility will be critical to a candidate’s success, as well as an aptitude to analyze operational and financial data. The selected candidate will also be responsible for, but not be limited to, the following:
1. New Business Development
Create and Execute Property Development Plan:
• Owned portfolio
• Land Acquisition
• Third party
• Work with Capital Transaction group within the company’s matrix organization structure to assist and identify potential acquisition and disposition opportunities.
• Effectively work with construction personnel within the company’s matrix organization structure
• Manage and actively participate in all efforts necessary to identify and secure lease contracts with prospective customers for space in existing properties, new developments and build-to-suits.
• Structure economic terms of transactions to meet the company objectives and the current market conditions. Shall have the authority to approve all lease transaction or above the approved budget. SVP will approve any proposed transactions that do not meet budget.
• Negotiate acceptable legal terms and process transaction paperwork for all leases.
• Engage existing tenants in discussions and negotiations of lease renewal terms and amendments for portfolio.
• Communicate, monitor and expand company’s relationships with the brokerage community with the objective to generate more business opportunities for the company, including broker communication (i.e. newsletters, marketing campaigns, events/outings), broker education, broker compensation/commission issues and the cultivation of key individual brokers.
• Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in commercial real estate development experience. Experience in Industrial product/portfolio strongly desired.
• Experience in the analysis of operational and financial data.
• Possess strong initiative and effective organizational skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain rapport with business community and interact with various levels of professionals.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Previous experience managing a team desired.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, or related area of study required.