Our client is a self-administered industrial real estate investment trust that focuses on the development, acquisition, and operation of industrial properties in major Sunbelt markets throughout the United States. Our client’s strategy for growth is based on ownership of premier distribution facilities generally clustered near major transportation features in supply constrained submarkets. The current portfolio includes approximately 45 million square feet.
The Vice President is responsible for the acquisition, development, leasing, and asset management functions in the region including sourcing both land development opportunities and building acquisitions across the region and into new markets. In addition to capital deployment, the Vice President is also directly responsible for leasing performance and an accurate and timely review of operating and capital information for assets in the Carolinas and Georgia. This position is based in Atlanta, GA with travel required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Source land acquisitions for industrial development and assist in the entire development process including development leasing.
- Source building acquisitions.
- Underwrite transactions and develop proformas.
- Negotiate Purchase and Sales Agreements.
- Maintain and cultivate client’s branding with ongoing broker relationships.
- Establish a strategic leasing plan and execute on the plan.
- Manage the oversight and direction of third-party leasing brokers.
- Negotiate proposals and leases.
- Oversee in-house property managers’ operations of company owned properties.
- Participate in leasing, operating, and capital budgeting processes.
- Must have exposure to development, site acquisitions and existing building acquisitions.
- Strong financial analytical skills are critical and mandatory.
- Existing broker relationships are highly beneficial.
- Must have direct leasing and/or asset management experience managing third-party broker listing teams.