Senior Vice President, Development
The Senior Vice President is responsible for industrial and general commercial development and investment activities in the Colorado and Utah markets. The role is accountable for the sourcing, underwriting, and field execution of development and investment transactions, including site selection, securing entitlements and approvals, budgeting, design, creating and implementing project business plans, capitalizing and monetizing of projects, usually under direction of principal-level colleague and in conjunction with development management professionals. The role will be responsible for building out and managing the team necessary to meet the Business Unit’s goals and objectives.
Responsible for identifying and gaining control of new industrial, office development and build-to-suit business opportunities in Colorado and Utah major markets.
- Accountable for the underwriting of the new opportunities and field execution of development and investment transactions..
- Negotiates proposed deal terms from a variety of debt and equity sources for purposes of determining optimal capital structure.
- Creates and implements project business plans, securing sites, hiring A&E team, determining project execution, operating budgets, including hiring of project leasing and property management teams, negotiating major leases, overseeing other team members’ negotiations, managing disposition of assets and other related activities.
- Interacts with capital partners on day-to-day communications regarding project progress.
- Decisions made with in-depth understanding and interpretation of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve complex results. Responsible for setting project and/or company deadlines. Responsible for all project-related business decisions.
- Develops relationships and regularly communicates with other market participants (investors, brokers, tenants, lenders, engineers, appraisers, etc.) to maintain current knowledge of market conditions and opportunities.
- Creates investment packages and manages project through internal investment committees process.
- Regularly reviews all the asset management system information on assigned projects to ensure completeness and accuracy of data.
Manages the planning, organization, and controls for a major project, functional area, or department. May be responsible for a mix of direct and matrix reports. Recommends recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action, and termination of direct reports to next level management for approval. Monitors appropriate staffing levels and reports on utilization and deployment of human resources. Leads and supports staff in areas of staffing, selection, training, development, coaching, mentoring, measuring, appraising and rewarding performance and retention. Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with our client’s values.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or architecture from an appropriate 4-year college program. A Law degree or MBA is preferred. Typically at least 7 to 12 years’ experience in commercial real estate with strong sourcing, financial and leasing orientation. Should also have a demonstrated ability to lead profitable development projects.
- Communication Skills:
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the most complex business documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues. Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles using distinctive style. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups. Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, client groups, sellers, and lenders of real estate to take desired action.
- Financial Knowledge:
Requires in-depth knowledge of financial and real estate terms and principles. Reviews complex financial/business analysis and reports prepared by subordinates. Ability to analyze complex business/financial data and develop innovative solutions. Approves and oversees project/department or division budget.
- Reasoning Ability
Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions. Draws upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the company.
To learn more about this position, contact: Margie Arcangelo | (239) 362-1335 | email@example.com